+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Notarized Letter of Invite

ShazluvzDan

Aug 15, 2008
Hi Im sending my a letter of invite to my b/f in Lebanon to come and visit me for 3 weeks.. How do I know if I have to get my letter notarized before I send it to him?? Where would I go to get that done and why would it have to be notarized?????.........Help?
Thx Shaz!

canthai

Star Member
Jul 30, 2008
ShazluvzDan,
I think 'notarized' means you personally sign the letter to show that you wrote it. Good luck!

canthai

p.s. if you have any other letters of support (for your b/f's visit) get them signed too ;)

Aug 31, 2008
ShazluvzDan said:
Hi Im sending my a letter of invite to my b/f in Lebanon to come and visit me for 3 weeks.. How do I know if I have to get my letter notarized before I send it to him?? Where would I go to get that done and why would it have to be notarized?????.........Help?
Thx Sha z!

Ok Notarized means you have to take your letter and have it stamped by either a public notary (quebec) or a lawyer. SO don't sign it yourself

canthai

Star Member
Jul 30, 2008
Yes, I guess the proper term for notarizing a letter is that but in this case it is a letter of invitation from someone. Just sign the letter and attach a copy of any ID documents you have like a driver's license or passport to prove to the embassy that it was you that wrote the letter of invitation. It will be obvious that your signature matches your ID documents.

You should also get other letters done like this from any family or friends (if possible) to show that he is welcomed and he will be treated as a guest. This will show stronger support of your friend's visit to Canada. I don't recommend saying that he is your b/f.

Hope that helps!

canthai

mdan1984

Feb 26, 2010
ShazluvzDan said:
Thx Shaz!
Hi. No. Actually in a lot of Countries a NOTARIZED letter of invitation is manditory. It was for me to bring my Chinese wife over to China. You have to write and sign your invitation letter and then you have to take that letter to a local Notary of Public office in your city and ask them to stamp it(notarize it)
Trust me, if you do that, it will have more leverage and it will have a better chance that the embassy will actually use it as solid proof. Then when you get it notarized you will have to courier it in its original form to lebanon. You cannot scan it and send a copy to the embassy, that wont work. They want orginals

Hope this helps

Blessings

Mike

toby

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2009
Med's Done....
October 2009 and 15 April 2011
Interview........
4 April 2011
Passport Req..
4 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
7 July 2011
LANDED..........
15 July 2011
Mike:

This letter of invitation concerns me. As you may remember, I am married to a Chinese woman, and we are living in China while waiting for her residency visa. We don't expect a decision for at least 7 months.

If we wanted to visit Canada in the meantime, applying for a visitor's visa, we would presumably need to include a letter of invitation from someone else -- maybe my brother -- living in Canada. Right? I could not write the letter myself -- even though I am her husband and will be responsible (not my brother) for all expenses. This seems absurd. But is this correct?

And again, my brother should have the letter notarized for greater effect, then mail it to me.

Thanks for any advice.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
toby said:
Mike:

This letter of invitation concerns me. As you may remember, I am married to a Chinese woman, and we are living in China while waiting for her residency visa. We don't expect a decision for at least 7 months.

If we wanted to visit Canada in the meantime, applying for a visitor's visa, we would presumably need to include a letter of invitation from someone else -- maybe my brother -- living in Canada. Right? I could not write the letter myself -- even though I am her husband and will be responsible (not my brother) for all expenses. This seems absurd. But is this correct?

And again, my brother should have the letter notarized for greater effect, then mail it to me.

Thanks for any advice.
Toby,

In your case you might not need to submit a letter of invitation. Apply for a TRV (your wife), attach a letter explaining you and your wife want to visit Canada and that a spousal sponsorship application is in process. Send your passport together with her passport (as proof of your citizenship :)) Well you can write a better letter than what I have outlined but that is the general idea.

rosellyalung

May 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LC1 application vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/08/2010
Hello do you really need a notarized letter of invitation?

rosellyalung

May 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/08/2010
Hi jobseekee it is me again what is an undertaking? Can you get it from a a notary public?

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
It is a statement by the person inviting that s/he'll be responsible for the person's board, lodging, medicals, even fare out of canada when the need arises. Yes the notary has it or you can draft one yourselves and have notarized (cheaper).

rosellyalung said:
Hi jobseekee it is me again what is an undertaking? Can you get it from a a notary public?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
job_seeker said:
It is a statement by the person inviting that s/he'll be responsible for the person's board, lodging, medicals, even fare out of canada when the need arises. Yes the notary has it or you can draft one yourselves and have notarized (cheaper).
Are you sure that the undertaking has to be notarized? Becoz last time we didn't notarized the undertaking but my mother in law was granted the visitor visa.

rosellyalung

May 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/08/2010
Do tou have an idea what is an undertakung?

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Sorry was out the whole day. Sworn statement of being responsible for the invitee.

The notary will know what to put. Just let him or her know that you are inviting a person for a visit and would like to send a notarized statement of undertaking/invitation.

rosellyalung said:
Do tou have an idea what is an undertakung?