+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Northern Rural Immigration Pilot Program

SAURABH.S

Apr 19, 2017
Could any body know if someone applied under this RNIP 1 years experience that is 1560 hours of work should be with any NOC ( or the NOC's that are only mentioned in the community list). I mean to say for an example if a admin person worked for 1 year in the NOC X then he got an offer with the NOC Y. Can this person apply for RNIP or the NOC's experience should be under the list they provide.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Think people are expecting too much out of the program especially in the first year. Also think a lot of high skilled people are expecting jobs that they would be interested in doing and are qualified for to be posted.

Mustafa83

Oct 17, 2017
Azerbaijan
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Saskatchewan
NOC Code......
Think people are expecting too much out of the program especially in the first year. Also think a lot of high skilled people are expecting jobs that they would be interested in doing and are qualified for to be posted.
Good point. I guess they might start with professional jobs at a later stage when the communities will start to grow.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Good point. I guess they might start with professional jobs at a later stage when the communities will start to grow.
Most of these areas will never need things like software developers, finance jobs other than basic financial management, etc. They are smaller communities with smaller businesses or more industrial jobs. Many of these jobs are likely to be service jobs or skilled trades.

Ximena88

Star Member
Apr 19, 2019
Most of these areas will never need things like software developers, finance jobs other than basic financial management, etc. They are smaller communities with smaller businesses or more industrial jobs. Many of these jobs are likely to be service jobs or skilled trades.
youre right. it'll mostly be services jobs like sales people and skilled trades. even in our various countries, the small towns dont have such high profile jobs. i guess we all just assumed that we'd all have an opportunity with this program.

Matt173

Oct 13, 2019
Lol, you mean garbage jobs like dish washer or roofer is what is needed and that foreign SKILLED workers should themselves content with? I get your point that investment bankers should not expect to find job openings in rural farmland. But on the other hand don't you think it's quite disingenuous and misleading to speak of skilled labor shortage and to then advertise jobs like dishwasher or roofer in some of those communities? Perhaps we should all be a little more honest. Those are communities who offer very low paying jobs that apparently no Canadian can be found to do. Low skilled work that simply does not correlate with foreign SKILLED worker. Perhaps we should call it by its real name. Then people get more realistic expectations.

Don’t think people have realistic expectations on what kind of jobs are needed. Getting someone to do admin would likely be an easy job to fill with the current residents.

Matt173

Oct 13, 2019
Then the programs should not advertise themselves as seeking Skilled labor. What they really look for are unskilled workers for incredibly low paying jobs. 14-16 dollars. Are you kidding me? Who can feed a family with that? I mean it's ok to seek such people but then be honest and don't dress up a shit program as if it's attractive to skilled labor.

But we are talking about the northern and rural program who is targeting certain professions to attempt to retain these people. If they only admit software developers, accountants, dentists, etc. people won’t find jobs and the communities won’t retain the immigrants.

Matt173

Oct 13, 2019
OK, now we come closer to the truth. If now just those communities themselves would say it like that as well. Import of dishwashers and waitresses at student temp job wages.

Mustafa83

Oct 17, 2017
Azerbaijan
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Saskatchewan
NOC Code......
There is truth that it is unlikely to be job openings for highly skilled professionals due to low level of English language requirements.

I mean the highest language level they require for skill level 0 and A is CLB 6 which is like IELTS 5.5. So, my guess is these jobs are the ones that do not require much communication and preparing/reading complex documents

Reactions: longvh

Mustafa83

Oct 17, 2017
Azerbaijan
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Saskatchewan
NOC Code......
So far only community announced skills in demand.

Once more will announce we will have a better picture. Maybe see some similarities.

Matt173

Oct 13, 2019
Translation: some garbage jobs that no Canadian wants to do and hence foreigners are sought to do. I mean, we are literally talking about 12-14 Canadian dollars per hour jobs when in the US Amazon and many other companies began to pay 15 usd per hour in locations where the cost of living is most likely a lot lower than in Northern Canada where literally every diaper or shampoo undergoes a costly logistics transport via rail or truck.

How demeaning to use the desperate situations in some countries to lure otherwise highly skilled workers to clean toilets in exchange for a new life. I personally can't disagree more with this particular program.

There is truth that it is unlikely to be job openings for highly skilled professionals due to low level of English language requirements.

I mean the highest language level they require for skill level 0 and A is CLB 6 which is like IELTS 5.5. So, my guess is these jobs are the ones that do not require much communication and preparing/reading complex documents

Reactions: Mustafa83

Mustafa83

Oct 17, 2017
Azerbaijan
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Saskatchewan
NOC Code......
Translation: some garbage jobs that no Canadian wants to do and hence foreigners are sought to do. I mean, we are literally talking about 12-14 Canadian dollars per hour jobs when in the US Amazon and many other companies began to pay 15 usd per hour in locations where the cost of living is most likely a lot lower than in Northern Canada where literally every diaper or shampoo undergoes a costly logistics transport via rail or truck.

How demeaning to use the desperate situations in some countries to lure otherwise highly skilled workers to clean toilets in exchange for a new life. I personally can't disagree more with this particular program.
There is some truth in your words, but I would not say it is that bad. For example below is the list of occupations in demand in Thunder Bay, ON under this program:

National Occupation Classification – Skill Level A
  • 3012 Registered nurses and registered psychiatric nurses
  • 3142 Physiotherapists
  • 2131 Civil Engineers
  • 2132 Mechanical Engineers
  • 2133 Electrical and Electronics Engineers

National Occupation Classification – Skill Level B
  • 2223 Forestry Technicians and Technologists
  • 2271 Air pilots, flight engineers and flying instructors
  • 2272 Air traffic controllers and related occupations
  • 321 Medical Technologists and Technicians
  • 3219 Pharmacy Technician
  • 3233 Licensed practical nurses
  • 4214 Early childhood educators and assistants
  • 6321 Chefs
  • 6331 Butchers and Bakers
  • 7283 Tile setters
  • 7311 Construction millwrights and industrial mechanics
  • 7312 Heavy-duty equipment mechanics
  • 7315 Aircraft mechanics and aircraft inspectors
  • 8231 Underground production and development miners
  • 8241 Logging Machine Operators

National Occupation Classification – Skill Level C
  • 3411 Dental assistants
  • 3413 Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates
  • 7441 Residential and commercial installers and servicers
  • 7511 Transport truck drivers
  • 7521 Heavy equipment operators (except crane)
  • 8411 Underground mine service and support workers
  • 9411 Machine operators, mineral and metal processing
  • 9414 Concrete, clay and stone forming operators
  • 9415 Inspectors and testers, mineral and metal processing
  • 9416 Metalworking and forging machine operators
  • 9417 Machining tool operators
  • 9418 Other metal products machine operators
  • 9431 Sawmill machine operators
  • 9432 Pulp mill machine operators
  • 9433 Papermaking and finishing machine operators
  • 9434 Other wood processing machine operators
  • 9435 Paper converting machine operators
  • 9436 Lumber graders and other wood processing inspectors and graders

National Occupation Classification – Skill Level D
  • 7611 Construction Trade Helpers and Labourers.

As you can see jobs are mostly technical.

As far as the salary is concerned I believe there is requirement that the pay should be the average offered for this job and not the lowest salary.