+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Non accompanying spouse

SweetypieJ

Nov 4, 2017
Hi there,

I recently got married during my federal application. I informed CIC of my marriage and that my spouse is non accompanying. I already paid my RPRF and done with medicals and they were asking additional information for my spouse and other documents. My questions are:
1. Do I have to pay a new processing fee to add him as non-accompanying or not?
And lastly,
2. He was in the Philippines, migrated in New Zealand on his early 20’s (2002), transferred to Australia last 2010. He comes to the Philippines for vacation less than month. Now, the visa office is asking for NBI clearance ( police check) and he has no other means to obtain that with all family members living in Australia. Do we have any other option? We do have NZ and Au Police checks and statutory declaration as well from Justice of the peace.
Thank you for answering.

raman8310

Dec 13, 2012
No fees is required if your spouse is non accompanying

CIC required police clearance certificate for the all countries for you and your spouse if he or she had stayed in any country for more then 6 months .
This is irrespective of whether the spouse is accompanying or not

Melai914

Nov 3, 2017
Hi.. can someone help me out please.. i signed a non accompanying parent on our family visa application. My children and husband has been there for 5 years now. Does he have to file spouse sponsorhip for me to go there?
Any information will be a great help.

SweetypieJ

Nov 4, 2017
Hi there!

I believe your husband can sponsor you given the fact that you were included in the original application as his spouse but non accompanying.

Reactions: Melai914