+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Non accompanying spouse to accompanying after COPR

ravi9696

Apr 18, 2018
Hi all,

I received my CoPR few days ago. In my initial application, I put my spouse as a non-accompanying. Would it be possible to add spouse as a accompanying before I do landing ? My points were 437 when I got the ETA and cutoff was 433. If I add my wife in the application would they recalculate my points ? By adding wife, my point goes below cutoff so, Is there any chance they can reject my application by not having sufficient points (below cutoff points) ?

What is the best option ? Should I do landing and then sponsor my wife ?

I really appreciate your response.

Thanks in advance.

younan02

Feb 21, 2017
Hi all,

I received my CoPR few days ago. In my initial application, I put my spouse as a non-accompanying. Would it be possible to add spouse as a accompanying before I do landing ? My points were 437 when I got the ETA and cutoff was 433. If I add my wife in the application would they recalculate my points ? By adding wife, my point goes below cutoff so, Is there any chance they can reject my application by not having sufficient points (below cutoff points) ?

What is the best option ? Should I do landing and then sponsor my wife ?

I really appreciate your response.

Thanks in advance.
Hi I am in exactly the same situation as yours. I already like the VO know that my spouse will accompany me now because we do not want to do long-distance anymore. The VO ask me to pay processing fee and RPRF for my spouse, as well as to upload a letter of explanation.

I know that if marrying after got COPR/AOR, adding spouse would not trigger a recalculation of score. However I am not sure what's the case for us who wanna change spouse's status from accompanying to accompanying? Do you have any clues now? I feel like it may be ok (or it depends on the VO) because the VO already ask me to pay for my spouse. Is it possible that the VO will recalculate our score at a later stage?

Could any expert advise what should I do now? Thanks~

thetayo

Feb 19, 2018
Hi I am in exactly the same situation as yours. I already like the VO know that my spouse will accompany me now because we do not want to do long-distance anymore. The VO ask me to pay processing fee and RPRF for my spouse, as well as to upload a letter of explanation.

I know that if marrying after got COPR/AOR, adding spouse would not trigger a recalculation of score. However I am not sure what's the case for us who wanna change spouse's status from accompanying to accompanying? Do you have any clues now? I feel like it may be ok (or it depends on the VO) because the VO already ask me to pay for my spouse. Is it possible that the VO will recalculate our score at a later stage?

Could any expert advise what should I do now? Thanks~
Hi @younan02 was this resolved? did they ask for any other documentation apart from letter of explanation and payment fees? did the VO ask for pof and how long did the whole proces take till the new copr for both of you?

frew

Star Member
Feb 13, 2018

sharelp

Star Member
Mar 17, 2018
My spouse and kid were included as non-accompanying family members in my application. Is there a way i can still take them to Canada when i land may be for a shorter duration. I want to try sponsoring them as inland. Any suggestion?

nayaskumar

Star Member
Jan 20, 2017
Hyderabad - India
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
23-09-2019
LANDED..........
04-07-2022
Few months back , After seeing this post ,After getting copr , I made a query to cic to check if I can add my non accompanying spouse and kid.
They replied in a week saying I can for my case and asked to submit passports of all family including mine.
I did and today I collected all passports from vfs office with copr for all.

Thank you CanadaVisa :)

Reactions: Ad78
Apr 17, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
IELTS Request
CLB 10
Few months back , After seeing this post ,After getting copr , I made a query to cic to check if I can add my non accompanying spouse and kid.
They replied in a week saying I can for my case and asked to submit passports of all family including mine.
I did and today I collected all passports from vfs office with copr for all.

Thank you CanadaVisa :)
Hi, If you can please elaborate the steps that happened after you got the PPR request, I am in the same boat, it will help me a lot if you can explain the steps chronologically

sijoalex

May 22, 2019
India
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-04-2019
Doc's Request.
25-02-2022
Nomination.....
10-04-2019
AOR Received.
06-06-2019
File Transfer...
13-07-2019
Med's Request
13-12-2021
Med's Done....
08-01-2022
Passport Req..
16-05-2022
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-2022
Hi, I have applied for PR including my dependence as accompanying but due to certain situation my spouse is not willing to travel in near future to Canada. So can I travel alone to Canada? Can I submit passport for myself alone and get CoPR?

Last edited: