+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC 1225 JOB OPPROTUNITIES

koscielny14

Aug 24, 2017
Hello good people!

Two quick questions:

1. What are the chances of a new immigrant getting a job in the above mentioned NOC code (procurement / purchasing officer / buyer) in Ontario? Current foreign work experience (outside Canada) is at 3 1/2 years

2. Any recommendations of other provinces one should consider after settling which have a demand for this specific NOC code ?

To the best of my knowledge, i am aware that this particular profession is not regulated. Nonetheless, suggesting any steps that can be taken to improve chances of finding employment are highly appreciated.

Looking forward to your invaluable feedback.

Thanks in advance.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have the same NOC and I got job here. I am working as a purchaser.
With that said, you might wanna specify, from which industry do you have work experience. And depending on that search for area where that industry is present. And then good luck.

koscielny14

Aug 24, 2017
Thank you Vensak for your response as well as the good luck. I appreciate it.

My experience is in the solar industry. With that said, I think it is important to also mention that I am open to change in terms of industry if that is what it will take to align myself to more opportunities.

A few more questions for you, if you don't mind:
1. How long after landing did it take you to get a job in this NOC? Possible you share your job search experience?
2. Did your foreign work experience in this NOC play a role in your job search? I ask this because of the Canadian experience factor which supposedly puts new immigrants at a disadvantage
3. Any leads on alternative industries or provinces that i can do more research on will help a great deal. Preferred province when applying was Ontario.

Thanks again for sharing.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
it really depends what were you doing.
6222 is for those that are purchasing for stores like Walmart or such. And again we are speaking about normal buyers (those that issue day by day orders and adjust forecast) and not strategic buyers (those that negotiate contract or find a new supplier).

Reactions: Candidate@@@

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you Vensak for your response as well as the good luck. I appreciate it.

My experience is in the solar industry. With that said, I think it is important to also mention that I am open to change in terms of industry if that is what it will take to align myself to more opportunities.

A few more questions for you, if you don't mind:
1. How long after landing did it take you to get a job in this NOC? Possible you share your job search experience?
2. Did your foreign work experience in this NOC play a role in your job search? I ask this because of the Canadian experience factor which supposedly puts new immigrants at a disadvantage
3. Any leads on alternative industries or provinces that i can do more research on will help a great deal. Preferred province when applying was Ontario.

Thanks again for sharing.
Sorry to reply this late.
When it comes to purchasing it really depends. They are more into knowledge of the local market (but honestly you will learn that one quickly). And then depending on the commodity or production type a certain level of understanding of technical challenges.
If you were in Solar business, then I can only assume that you were part of technical purchasing (buying either whole units or parts for assembly). In that case forget Toronto downtown and check more for area where the big production factories are (there is where they need buyers).
With good amount of experience you should be able to hit it (at very least junior buyer). yes some do request certification but it is not a must for the industry. Good luck.

Candidate@@@

Oct 19, 2018
it really depends what were you doing.
6222 is for those that are purchasing for stores like Walmart or such. And again we are speaking about normal buyers (those that issue day by day orders and adjust forecast) and not strategic buyers (those that negotiate contract or find a new supplier).
Im working for a sportwear brand as material merchandiser. Sourcing and developing new fabrics. Im so confused that will it come under 1225 or 6222 as merchandisers are included in 6222 and materials come in 1225. Please advise

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Im working for a sportwear brand as material merchandiser. Sourcing and developing new fabrics. Im so confused that will it come under 1225 or 6222 as merchandisers are included in 6222 and materials come in 1225. Please advise
So do I understand correctly that you work for a factory that is producing directly for one of those supermarket chains or those big brand companies?
And that you purchase material for production?
If that is the case and you also do some sourcing activities you are 1225

Candidate@@@

Oct 19, 2018
So do I understand correctly that you work for a factory that is producing directly for one of those supermarket chains or those big brand companies?
And that you purchase material for production?
If that is the case and you also do some sourcing activities you are 1225
Im working directly for the brand itself. Competitor of nike. What shall i do

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ok are you working for the production factory (purchasing material). Or are you just ordering for store itself (for resale)?

Candidate@@@

Oct 19, 2018
ok are you working for the production factory (purchasing material). Or are you just ordering for store itself (for resale)?
I was selecting and finalizing fabrics which will be used in a particular garment and soutcing same from india region. And negotiating prices and developing new suppliers for innovative fabrics. Then fabrics are shipped yo garment factories for making end profuct

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
so then you are buying for production + you are negotiating contracts. In that case you are 1225.