+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

guvcode

Star Member
Jul 16, 2012
148
17
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
0213
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
19-03-2012
Med's Done....
12-04-2012
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
16-July-2012
LANDED..........
Feb 2013
As we prepare, this article below could be useful -


There has been a lot of talk in the news lately and several in-depth reports released discussing the mismatch between employers and candidates on the Canadian labour market. Workopolis conducted our own research for a report called 'Mind the Gap,' detailing how the differing perspectives of employers and job seekers are preventing them from connecting. You can see the infographic here.

On a more basic level, I decided to take a look at Workopolis' own data based on site usage, to see how the behaviour of the two groups stack up. So, I took a look at some recent statistics from Workopolis comparing the numbers of job postings in given areas and industries to the numbers of corresponding job searches being conducted by candidates across Canada.

Based on looking at where there are the biggest differences between job searches by candidates and jobs posted by employers, we can see trends in where certain workers are most in demand and where the competition for specific jobs is the highest.

In Calgary, there are amongst the most jobs posted with the fewest associated job searches in the engineering fields. This is actually the highest discrepancy of any region or industry nationally. Edmonton is also a hot job market for engineers. Accountants are also in demand in both cities.

On the other hand, there seems to be a surplus of people looking for Sales and Manufacturing jobs in the west given the fewer number of job positions available on Workopolis.

In Montreal there appears to be a shortage of software developers, office staff and sales people. That city is actually showing a surplus of engineers and financial professionals.

In Toronto bankers and finance professionals are in short supply as the number of jobs posted on Workopolis far outstretches the corresponding job searches. Software developers and skilled trades people are similarly in demand in Canada's biggest city. Toronto job searches are showing a surplus of IT, insurance and digital media professionals.

Vancouver, Ottawa and Winnipeg look fairly well balanced with no particular industry standing out as a noteworthy surplus or shortage.

This Workopolis data is readily available to us here, so please let me know if you find reading these numbers useful or interesting. If so I can make a regular feature of reporting on how job postings and searches are adding up.


- Peter Harris
Source - http://www.workopolis.com/content/advice/article/3105-workopolis-by-the-numbers-where-the-available-jobs-and-candidate-searches-match-and-mismatch?CID=721:19L:14946
 
 

Emperor

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2011
1,421
37
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
0111
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
App. Filed for MPNP Nomination: 20 Apr 2012; App. Filed After Nomination to CIC Nova Scotia: 28 Nov 2012; Credit card Charged: 07 Jan 2013
Nomination.....
Nomination from MPNP: 30 Sep 2012
AOR Received.
AOR from CIC Nova Scotia: 21 Jan 2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application to CIC
Med's Request
13 Feb. 2013; RPRF Request: 13 Feb. 2013 and Payment Received By Accra VO: 22 Feb 2013
Med's Done....
23 Feb. 2013, E-cas: Medical Received: 25 Mar 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-Aug-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-Aug-2013
LANDED..........
14-Dec-2013
Congratulations to both Emo and Dmaks on your receipt of the PR Visa.

Your effort was never in vain. See in Canada City 8) 8) 8). I hope I quoted Pa Mufu correctly.
 

Lucasvilla

Star Member
Sep 24, 2010
142
1
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
March 1st
@ swinglow, i dey fine oooo ... just taking my time to rest small before i go face winnipeg Manitoba stress.
@ Emo, Dmak and Richie congratulations.
 

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
1,077
33
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
0111
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
guvcode said:
As we prepare, this article below could be useful -


There has been a lot of talk in the news lately and several in-depth reports released discussing the mismatch between employers and candidates on the Canadian labour market. Workopolis conducted our own research for a report called 'Mind the Gap,' detailing how the differing perspectives of employers and job seekers are preventing them from connecting. You can see the infographic here.

On a more basic level, I decided to take a look at Workopolis' own data based on site usage, to see how the behaviour of the two groups stack up. So, I took a look at some recent statistics from Workopolis comparing the numbers of job postings in given areas and industries to the numbers of corresponding job searches being conducted by candidates across Canada.

Based on looking at where there are the biggest differences between job searches by candidates and jobs posted by employers, we can see trends in where certain workers are most in demand and where the competition for specific jobs is the highest.

In Calgary, there are amongst the most jobs posted with the fewest associated job searches in the engineering fields. This is actually the highest discrepancy of any region or industry nationally. Edmonton is also a hot job market for engineers. Accountants are also in demand in both cities.

On the other hand, there seems to be a surplus of people looking for Sales and Manufacturing jobs in the west given the fewer number of job positions available on Workopolis.

In Montreal there appears to be a shortage of software developers, office staff and sales people. That city is actually showing a surplus of engineers and financial professionals.

In Toronto bankers and finance professionals are in short supply as the number of jobs posted on Workopolis far outstretches the corresponding job searches. Software developers and skilled trades people are similarly in demand in Canada's biggest city. Toronto job searches are showing a surplus of IT, insurance and digital media professionals.

Vancouver, Ottawa and Winnipeg look fairly well balanced with no particular industry standing out as a noteworthy surplus or shortage.

This Workopolis data is readily available to us here, so please let me know if you find reading these numbers useful or interesting. If so I can make a regular feature of reporting on how job postings and searches are adding up.


- Peter Harris
Source - http://www.workopolis.com/content/advice/article/3105-workopolis-by-the-numbers-where-the-available-jobs-and-candidate-searches-match-and-mismatch?CID=721:19L:14946

Thanks a lot Guvcode it sure makes sense and gave me some form of comfort for my chosen destination!!!
 
 

EMO

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2010
1,487
16
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-02-2013
guvcode said:
As we prepare, this article below could be useful -


There has been a lot of talk in the news lately and several in-depth reports released discussing the mismatch between employers and candidates on the Canadian labour market. Workopolis conducted our own research for a report called 'Mind the Gap,' detailing how the differing perspectives of employers and job seekers are preventing them from connecting. You can see the infographic here.

On a more basic level, I decided to take a look at Workopolis' own data based on site usage, to see how the behaviour of the two groups stack up. So, I took a look at some recent statistics from Workopolis comparing the numbers of job postings in given areas and industries to the numbers of corresponding job searches being conducted by candidates across Canada.

Based on looking at where there are the biggest differences between job searches by candidates and jobs posted by employers, we can see trends in where certain workers are most in demand and where the competition for specific jobs is the highest.

In Calgary, there are amongst the most jobs posted with the fewest associated job searches in the engineering fields. This is actually the highest discrepancy of any region or industry nationally. Edmonton is also a hot job market for engineers. Accountants are also in demand in both cities.

On the other hand, there seems to be a surplus of people looking for Sales and Manufacturing jobs in the west given the fewer number of job positions available on Workopolis.

In Montreal there appears to be a shortage of software developers, office staff and sales people. That city is actually showing a surplus of engineers and financial professionals.

In Toronto bankers and finance professionals are in short supply as the number of jobs posted on Workopolis far outstretches the corresponding job searches. Software developers and skilled trades people are similarly in demand in Canada's biggest city. Toronto job searches are showing a surplus of IT, insurance and digital media professionals.

Vancouver, Ottawa and Winnipeg look fairly well balanced with no particular industry standing out as a noteworthy surplus or shortage.

This Workopolis data is readily available to us here, so please let me know if you find reading these numbers useful or interesting. If so I can make a regular feature of reporting on how job postings and searches are adding up.


- Peter Harris
Source - http://www.workopolis.com/content/advice/article/3105-workopolis-by-the-numbers-where-the-available-jobs-and-candidate-searches-match-and-mismatch?CID=721:19L:14946
I believe the reason for the gap is obvious and that is why there are bridging program in some province. But the other question will be are there jobs in Canada?
 

smooth

Star Member
Jul 13, 2011
76
0
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-11
Med's Request
17-07-2013
Med's Done....
22-07-2013
Passport Req..
20-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
25-09-2013
LANDED..........
soon by His Grace
A big congratulations to everyone with PPR and to some of us waiting for MR, very soon and i mean very very soon the waiting will be over.
cheers
 

babymart

Hero Member
Jan 26, 2011
690
9
Category........
Visa Office......
Ghana
NOC Code......
0111
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
30 May 2013
Dmaks said:
Dear House.
Glory be to God.
I successfully picked up our PR visas yesterday.
Congats Dmaks on the successful plug oof Ugwu leaf.Wishing you the best as you begin a new Chapter in Canada.
 

babymart

Hero Member
Jan 26, 2011
690
9
Category........
Visa Office......
Ghana
NOC Code......
0111
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
30 May 2013
swinglow said:
good morning all

where is everyone? babymart, Emo, shaddy, hapkoguna, lucas, ibry et el.

hope everyone is fine?
@ swinglow we are fyn oooo.hope u are 2.Tnx for checking up!!
 
 

Akerekoro

Hero Member
Mar 30, 2012
664
2
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul 6th, 2011
AOR Received.
Sept 19th, 2011
Med's Request
Sept 11th, 2013
Med's Done....
Sept 28th, 2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Oct 25th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 30th, 2013
LANDED..........
Jan 2nd, 2014
Dmaks said:
Dear House.
Glory be to God.
I successfully picked up our PR visas yesterday.
Dmaks, congratulations on your PPV.
 

swinglow

Hero Member
Oct 8, 2012
261
2
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
NOC Code......
0204
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/03/2010
AOR Received.
20/04/2010
File Transfer...
21/07/2010
Med's Request
05/06/2012
Med's Done....
14/06/2012
Interview........
skipped
Passport Req..
02/10/2012
VISA ISSUED...
09/10/2012
LANDED..........
15th march 2013
Lucasvilla said:
@ swinglow, i dey fine oooo ... just taking my time to rest small before i go face winnipeg Manitoba stress.
@ Emo, Dmak and Richie congratulations.

Good to know
 

swinglow

Hero Member
Oct 8, 2012
261
2
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
NOC Code......
0204
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/03/2010
AOR Received.
20/04/2010
File Transfer...
21/07/2010
Med's Request
05/06/2012
Med's Done....
14/06/2012
Interview........
skipped
Passport Req..
02/10/2012
VISA ISSUED...
09/10/2012
LANDED..........
15th march 2013
babymart said:
@ swinglow we are fyn oooo.hope u are 2.Tnx for checking up!!
nice to know that u are fine. i am doing great.
 

swinglow

Hero Member
Oct 8, 2012
261
2
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
NOC Code......
0204
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/03/2010
AOR Received.
20/04/2010
File Transfer...
21/07/2010
Med's Request
05/06/2012
Med's Done....
14/06/2012
Interview........
skipped
Passport Req..
02/10/2012
VISA ISSUED...
09/10/2012
LANDED..........
15th march 2013
Dmaks and EMO congrats once again
 
 

Right

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2009
1,350
21
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
YES
Hello All,

This is a bad news to those waiting to submit application in January as Canada has shifted goal poles yet again.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/releases/2012/2012-12-19.asp?utm_source=media-centre-email&utm_medium=email-eng&utm_campaign=generic

May 4, 2013...............Canada is a conservative country please always note this o.

I wish you all merry xmas and a happy and prosperous new year 2013!
 

EMO

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2010
1,487
16
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-02-2013
smooth said:
A big congratulations to everyone with PPR and to some of us waiting for MR, very soon and i mean very very soon the waiting will be over.
cheers
Thanks. Last time I checked, He is still in the business of making all things beautiful in His time......

You will be fine soonest...... MR shall begin to flow like a river...

Cheers