Good Afternoon You All,
I am pleased to annouce that we picked up our Immigrant Visa from The Canadian Embassy In Ghana on Thursday.
Here goes my own story:
1)We booked Arik Airline on the 11th of December paid almost 120k for my wife and myself to Ghana. Our flight is suppose to take off by 6pm but we eventually left for Ghana 9pm. I regreted going by Arik cos I was in pains when I was going, I removed my tooth, I have headache and Malaria, So I was uncomfortable althrough.
2)To make it worse, Arik almost denied my wife of flying- they said she's heavy, therefore she need a health certificate to fly. For pregnant woman, no cause for alarm, cos all we just did is to go downstairs of the Airport and get a health bill for 1200naira.
But I learnt that if she is 32weeks old she would be denied of flying.
3) We finally took off around past 9pm and got to Ghana 35mins after. They served us a cup of juice and cake. I couldnt eat it cos of my tooth, my wife chop everything patapata lol.
4) We got to Ghana filled the immigration for at the Airport, they asked for the yellow card, which we got for 500naira at the MMI Airport in Lagos.
5) You dont need to wake up very early getting to Canadian Embassy to pick up your visa. We got there around 9am submitted out Passport and I was told to come back later ( I wasnt giving anytime although they told others who came very early to come back by 3pm ) At first I was worried , But eventually we were giving the Visa the same time, as a matter of fact I was the 2nd person they gave Visa.
6) Before they called us for our Passport, My wife said she was very hungry, So we went to Osu around 1pm , we had to go cos I was also tired of sitting down, Infact, I slept flat at the waiting room , am my wife came to tell me that there is a camera there, that I have to be well behaved and what if the consular is watching us, but me no just mind am ooo, I just sleep falala as me no even dey feel fine.
The joint is at osu, mama oluchi restaurant, close to Zion, we ate pounded yam, those black fish, saki and beef for 15cedis, the thing sweet die.
7) Now there is this story I wanted to share when we had our medicals, after doing the HIV Test and proceeding to where we did our x-ray, There is this guy who asked me for bribe there, saying I may be subjected to further test because I have cough. He asked of 55k. I told him he should hold on so i ask my wife, I lied to him that I just lost my job that only my wife had the money with her. He persuaded me not to let my wife know, I had to let my wife know and she said we should report her to the authority in there. But i told her we should just let the sleeping dog lie, eventually we gave him 3k. I know he didnt do anything, but just to let alakoba waka comot for my front.
Am sorry I have to write all this in an Improper words. Please forgive me for this, If i dont share this then It wont just be fair if i dont give back to this group.
Now here is my questions:
1) will my Black berry work in Canada?
2) Where can I book for tickets. I check wakanow.com, put in winnipeg as arrival but wont show me any information. Can someone help me on how to do there, cos we planning landing Canada before sunday.
On the issue of drivers licence, I had mine successfully, It is better to patronise tout that the licence officials to get things done faster. Thats just the bitter truth from experience, cos mine took me just 2days to get done!
Thanks you all and God bless us.