+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Niece and nephew sponsorship application

dactoan.nguyen

Dec 5, 2018
Hi Everyone,

We submitted 2 application to adopt our niece and nephew (both < 18ys) via representative almost 1 year (We submitted in April 2023). Agent sent us emails from IRCC that my wife was qualified to sponsor them and they received AOR and were requested biometric. They did biometric 7 months ago. Also in the email, IRCC mentioned their applications were sent to my back home to process. We haven't received any information since then. We asked agent to send webform and IRCC reply they are processing. In addition, agent sent us https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do to check their applications. It always returns application not found even we tried to many times and days. Agent told us it's technical issue, they couldn't check it either. Is there any way we can check it online? Their parent passed away almost a year so we are really worry about them. Does anyone have any experiences about this application?
Thank you very much.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Everyone,

We submitted 2 application to adopt our niece and nephew (both < 18ys) via representative almost 1 year (We submitted in April 2023). Agent sent us emails from IRCC that my wife was qualified to sponsor them and they received AOR and were requested biometric. They did biometric 7 months ago. Also in the email, IRCC mentioned their applications were sent to my back home to process. We haven't received any information since then. We asked agent to send webform and IRCC reply they are processing. In addition, agent sent us https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do to check their applications. It always returns application not found even we tried to many times and days. Agent told us it's technical issue, they couldn't check it either. Is there any way we can check it online? Their parent passed away almost a year so we are really worry about them. Does anyone have any experiences about this application?
Thank you very much.
Are both parents deceased? You mention only one parent.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi Everyone,

Thank you very much.
To clarify, the application you submitted is to sponsor them for PR, not to adopt them. IRCC does not handle adoptions.

I don't know if it's possible to check status online if you have an agent handling your application. Wait for others to respond. One option would be to remove your agent from the application so that you can have direct access. You can also try ordering GCMS notes to see the detailed status.

Good luck and hope the processsing is wrapped up quickly.

Reactions: YVR123

dactoan.nguyen

Dec 5, 2018
I submitted to sponsor them for PR. Their parents deceased. Thanks for suggesting many options. I will wait for 1 year and ask my agent again.