+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Work Permit changed my EE score but i still got a ITA

Discussion in 'Canadian Experience Class' started by ReynosoDodo, Nov 4, 2019.

  1. #1 ReynosoDodo, Nov 4, 2019 at 8:16 PM
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2019
    Hi everyone,

    I really need your help here, i got an invitation to apply for PR under CEC (with a CRS score of 496) with a work permit but very recently switched jobs and got a new work permit with a new employer which brought my score down a little under the cut off when i re calculated it (a total of 446).

    So the question is, do i need to decline this invitation and wait to complete a year with my current employer or there's a letter of explanation that i can submit to IRCC that i have over 3 years of experience with my former employer and take that into consideration for the application?

    I also read that i can apply with my former employer's information and claiming that i have a job offer from someone else but i don't know if that's true or not.

    Any help will be greatly appreciated.
  3. Hi! Thanks for your reply. They are LMIA-Exempt due to an international agreement, the new one has the same conditions just a different employer and it's only valid to work for my new employer and no one else.

    Hope this helps clarify your questions.

    Thank you again.
  4. Then unfortunately yes, you have to work for a full year with the new employer before you would meet the requirements for having a valid job offer. The only exception would be if your employer would apply for an LMIA for you (there are LMIAs that don´t cost money that are just for supporting PR applications - they are still a pain to get, though).
  5. Yeah, that's really unfortunate but thank you very much for the information, I really didn't want to screw things up. Thanks again.

Share This Page