+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New travel exemption for immediate family member not being honoured or implemented by OUTCAN visa offices

KATHIA08

Jun 15, 2020
--------------------------------------------

Awesome news. Congratulations :) I'm in the same situation now , my wife did biometrics for TRV last year , so she doesn't need to give biometrics this time when I apply for TRV. She is from India , so all VACs are closed. My question is , if I submit her TRV now , is there any other additional step I need to do like contacting local MP like you did to change the processing office ? Or should i first apply and wait to see which VO it is being sent to initially ?

Appreciate your response to this in advance. Side note : We already submitted a spousal visa in June 2020 and is in pipeline , we just don't want to wait with this whole pandemic situation while we have no idea if that spousal application is even being touched. That is why I'm interested in submitting a TRV now.
I have a question for the TRV. In the first question form of the account, I mean the question form that is filled out before uploading the files. Do you put the option OTHERS also as in Imm 5257, put others on both sides?

CDNsoldier

Jan 9, 2020
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Spousal Sponsorship
--------------------------------------------

Awesome news. Congratulations :) I'm in the same situation now , my wife did biometrics for TRV last year , so she doesn't need to give biometrics this time when I apply for TRV. She is from India , so all VACs are closed. My question is , if I submit her TRV now , is there any other additional step I need to do like contacting local MP like you did to change the processing office ? Or should i first apply and wait to see which VO it is being sent to initially ?

Appreciate your response to this in advance. Side note : We already submitted a spousal visa in June 2020 and is in pipeline , we just don't want to wait with this whole pandemic situation while we have no idea if that spousal application is even being touched. That is why I'm interested in submitting a TRV now.
Apply for a TRV in the normal way. If the outcome is not favourable, reach out to your local MP.

soniya26

Jul 13, 2017
hi,

Since i didn't know that to prioritize my visitor visa application, i needed to put "other" in purpose of travel and under description field - i needed to write “COVID-19” as I am spouse (immediate family member) of Canadian permanent resident and eligible to travel to canada at this time.

can i resubmit imm5257e form via webForm? or is it too late ? or resubmit the visitor visa application ?
Hey I am in the same situation. What did you do?

Tinda3

Jan 10, 2021