+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New temporary student pathway

tobiashenry

Sep 22, 2018
Honestly, I have been thinking if i should take advantage of the new federal rule to take TEF Canada for francophone immigration. Submitted PEQ last Feb 2020 and to federal in September 2020. Not sure how long is it expected to be. Does anyone know whether the new pathway accepts TEFAQ results in lieu of TEF Canada? or Can I use the francisation course?

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Honestly, I have been thinking if i should take advantage of the new federal rule to take TEF Canada for francophone immigration. Submitted PEQ last Feb 2020 and to federal in September 2020. Not sure how long is it expected to be. Does anyone know whether the new pathway accepts TEFAQ results in lieu of TEF Canada? or Can I use the francisation course?
No tefaq and francisation course.

mr_water

Sep 17, 2018
Hi, not sure if this helps, but i took the TEFAQ test, got a C1 in speaking and B2 in listening, as I was applying through the student category (Undergrad degree + French language skills). More importantly I was called in for an interview by MIFI to validate my French skills, which I did, I received the CSQ after 2 weeks or so. So in my case I had to pass the test, get the certification and validate it through an interview w/ MIFI.

Last edited:

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Hi, not sure if this helps, but i took the TEFAQ test, got a C1 in speaking and B2 in listening, as I was applying through the student category (Undergrad degree + French language skills). More importantly I was called in for an interview by MIFI to validate my French skills, which I did, I received the CSQ after 2 weeks or so. So in my case I had to pass the test, get the certification and validate it through an interview w/ MIFI.
Your answer isn't related to OP's question at all. They are talking about - 'new federal rule to take TEF Canada for francophone immigration', and you are talking about something which they already have and want to opt out of Quebec.

mr_water

Sep 17, 2018
Your answer isn't related to OP's question at all. They are talking about - 'new federal rule to take TEF Canada for francophone immigration', and you are talking about something which they already have and want to opt out of Quebec.
Sounds good

Reactions: Immstu