The Middle East
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I renewed my family's passports to the machine readable type but have not informed CHC London about this. The old passports are stapled to the new ones because our UAE residence visas are still valid.

When our PPR arrives, I will naturally send the new ones together with the old. Do I need to inform CHC London about our new passports?

charmeuse

Jan 15, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 10, 2008
AOR Received.
September 3, 2008
Med's Request
December 12, 2009
Med's Done....
December 24, 2009
Interview........
November 9, 2009
Passport Req..
December 12, 2009. Recd. by CHC on Jan 15, 2010.
VISA ISSUED...
February 4, 2010. E-cas status changed on 9 Feb, recd on 10 Feb.
LANDED..........
Smooth landing on June 26, 2010.
I see that you had the interview recently, so did you inform them then? If not, no need to inform them separately. When you receive PPR, they will ask for old and new passports anyway. So, you can send them altogether.

PTA

Mar 10, 2010
I am posting this for my Grandmother who is having trouble obtaining her Canadian citizenship. My Grandma has lived in Canada her entire life, has been married to a Canadian for over 50 years, has a social insurance number, receives a Canadian pension, files income tax in Canada, and votes in provincial and federal elections. My Grandmother came to Canada from the United States with her parents as a baby many years ago. She cannot prove the date of point of entry in which she entered Canada. Because of this she is not able to obtain Canadian citizenship and therefore cannot get a passport. Please provide me with any information that I can use to help my Grandma in this very discouraging matter. Thank you in advance.

Pk09

Jul 26, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
trinatocanada said:
Hi,

I renewed my family's passports to the machine readable type but have not informed CHC London about this. The old passports are stapled to the new ones because our UAE residence visas are still valid.

When our PPR arrives, I will naturally send the new ones together with the old. Do I need to inform CHC London about our new passports?
my two cents would be that infiorm chc immediatly as wont bring any harm b ut will help in avoid any delays

trinatocanada

Dec 18, 2008
The Middle East
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PTA said:
I am posting this for my Grandmother who is having trouble obtaining her Canadian citizenship. My Grandma has lived in Canada her entire life, has been married to a Canadian for over 50 years, has a social insurance number, receives a Canadian pension, files income tax in Canada, and votes in provincial and federal elections. My Grandmother came to Canada from the United States with her parents as a baby many years ago. She cannot prove the date of point of entry in which she entered Canada. Because of this she is not able to obtain Canadian citizenship and therefore cannot get a passport. Please provide me with any information that I can use to help my Grandma in this very discouraging matter. Thank you in advance.
Hi PTA,

I haven't read a predicament same as yours in this forum. You can try and make a new thread for this query in the forum. PMM and the other seniors might be able to help. If not then why not try contacting a lawyer about your grandma's situation?

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
trinatocanada said:
Hi,

I second PK. It's always 'good' to keep the CHC updated on every change of our case. I suggest email CHC immediately alongwith a scanned copy of the 'new' Pp booklet.

Qorax

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
trinatocanada said:
Hi,

Email CHC to reduce and avoid delays in process. Always update CHC about the changes or updates in you file and passport is one of the most important document in that case.