+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Jersey Fingerprinting for FBI Clearance and India PCC at New York

pkumar20

Oct 6, 2020
Hello Guys,
I got my ITA on Sep -30 th draw. I live in NJ - Newark. Wondering if any one went to a police station here at NJ and got the fingerprints in the fingerprint cards? I tried to reach to a police station at Harrison but I'm unable to get hold of any officers who could help me. Anyone got it here at NJ recently?

Also, regarding the India PCC, the New York consulate is currently not allowing walk-in services for PCC. It looks like I need to mail my original passport and get the PCC and it could take 8 weeks .I have my Indian passport that I got from India. Has anyone applied for PCC at NY consulate recently? Please share your experience.

millennial_immigrant

Feb 5, 2019
Hi, you will have to schedule fingerprints appointment for FBI PCC at the nearest Identogo location. (https://www.identogo.com/locations). It is very easy & no waiting time in getting the fingerprints. They will have the required fingerprint paper etc all with them, you just walk in with your appointment letter & passport.

For India PCC from Indian consulate you need to make an account on their website ASAP (Miscellaneous services) and notarize documents, get money order/cashiers check as mentioned on website, add self addressed return envelope (see all directions on website—very comprehensive) and mail it out. It will take 6-8 weeks if your passport was issued from India. If you had the passport issued from NY consulate, it is faster to get PCC (based on my experience only). Your relatives at home address that is provided may be asked for information verification as a part of the process, just an FYI.

Reactions: umyla2

pkumar20

Oct 6, 2020
Hi, you will have to schedule fingerprints appointment for FBI PCC at the nearest Identogo location. (https://www.identogo.com/locations). It is very easy & no waiting time in getting the fingerprints. They will have the required fingerprint paper etc all with them, you just walk in with your appointment letter & passport.

For India PCC from Indian consulate you need to make an account on their website ASAP (Miscellaneous services) and notarize documents, get money order/cashiers check as mentioned on website, add self addressed return envelope (see all directions on website—very comprehensive) and mail it out. It will take 6-8 weeks if your passport was issued from India. If you had the passport issued from NY consulate, it is faster to get PCC (based on my experience only). Your relatives at home address that is provided may be asked for information verification as a part of the process, just an FYI.
Thank you for the details. I have booked an appointment with indentogo and but they available at the end of the month. I guess they are a busy.
For India PCC, looks like its is fine to send out the notarised copy of the passport and not to send the original passport as such

pkumar20

Oct 6, 2020
I received the following from the PRAMIT customer care.
Welcome to Consulate General Of India, New York
Dear —
There are currently no walk-in services allowed in the Consulate until further notice.
To apply for PCC kindly click following link and create Log in Id and then fill out the PCC application under New York mission.
https://portal4.passportindia.gov.in/Online/index.html
You can apply for the PCC via mail, it is advised not to send in your original passport, rather send a notarized copy of your passport and visa . Also make sure that the prepaid envelope you are sending along with your documents has a tracking number.
You need to attach following documents along with your PCC application.
1 . copy of passport 1st and last page which contain your personal information. (Notarized)
2. Valid US visa status.(Notarized)
3.Proof of address.(Notarized)
4. One color passport size photograph.
5.Money order or cashier cheque of $ 27 if passport issued by CGI NewYork other wise you need to send $42 as PCC service charges in favor of Consulate general of India New York.
6 Pre paid return envelope along with tracking ID
PCC process depends upon the police verification record in our system. As per the current guidelines, PCC clearances will take minimum 30 days to get clearances from India.
You need to send PCC application on following address.

Address:
Consulate General of India,
Consular wing.
3 East 64th street (Between 5th and Madison Avenues),
New York,
NY 10065

Your application will undergo administrative process, when we will finish this administrative process we will issue the PCC and inform you the same.
Kindly see the attached latest guidelines by the Ministry for further clarity.
We will advise to be patient and understanding during this entire process.

dsr_wny

Oct 26, 2020
Hello Guys,
I got my ITA on Sep -30 th draw. I live in NJ - Newark. Wondering if any one went to a police station here at NJ and got the fingerprints in the fingerprint cards? I tried to reach to a police station at Harrison but I'm unable to get hold of any officers who could help me. Anyone got it here at NJ recently?
We did ours at the post office in NJ. Found a post office close by from https://www.edo.cjis.gov/#/org/USPS and we had to register before at https://ips.usps.com/IdentityCapture/ and pay $50 per person at the post office. Results came instantly...even before we got to our car. Take your Passport, the FBI enrollment email, and USPS registration email.

Reactions: pkumar20

dsr_wny

Oct 26, 2020
Also, regarding the India PCC, the New York consulate is currently not allowing walk-in services for PCC. It looks like I need to mail my original passport and get the PCC and it could take 8 weeks .I have my Indian passport that I got from India. Has anyone applied for PCC at NY consulate recently? Please share your experience.
I also did my PCC in NY Consulate. Created an application on their site and sent the application, photo, notarized copy of passport/visa/address proof along with cashier's check (for $27 since my passport was issued in NY), and return envelope as requested.

Timeline for PCC-
Documents delivered on August 28.
Acknowledgment received on September 3 (through PRAMIT).
Initiation of police verification email from Indian police station on September 14.
The verification letter reached me on October 13.

Hope that helps!

pkumar20

Oct 6, 2020
I also did my PCC in NY Consulate. Created an application on their site and sent the application, photo, notarized copy of passport/visa/address proof along with cashier's check (for $27 since my passport was issued in NY), and return envelope as requested.

Timeline for PCC-
Documents delivered on August 28.
Acknowledgment received on September 3 (through PRAMIT).
Initiation of police verification email from Indian police station on September 14.
The verification letter reached me on October 13.

Hope that helps!
That's good information. I mailed out my wife's and my PCC application together but only my PCC application has been processed by the consulate and the police verification is complete and its currently reading the status "Police certificate has been printed". My wife's application is still being reviewed and police verification has not been initiated yet. I have tried reaching PRAMIT many time, but I'm not getting a response at all. Makes me wonder why it's on hold for a long time while my application was processed when we sent it together.
The application reached consulate on Oct 12th.

Is there any other mode of reaching the consulate other than PRAMIT (call/ message)? We have tried to post a google review - 'unprofessional way' looking for a response but did not get any...

rebelagain

Sep 16, 2020
Has anyone received PR card in mail from a friend from Canada to US?

is it ok to ship it from Canada to US? Did your friend mention regular document to fedex while shipping?

dsr_wny

Oct 26, 2020
That's good information. I mailed out my wife's and my PCC application together but only my PCC application has been processed by the consulate and the police verification is complete and its currently reading the status "Police certificate has been printed". My wife's application is still being reviewed and police verification has not been initiated yet. I have tried reaching PRAMIT many time, but I'm not getting a response at all. Makes me wonder why it's on hold for a long time while my application was processed when we sent it together.
The application reached consulate on Oct 12th.

Is there any other mode of reaching the consulate other than PRAMIT (call/ message)? We have tried to post a google review - 'unprofessional way' looking for a response but did not get any...
I've always had a good experience with PRAMIT. I have heard back in 2-3 business days or so.

Reactions: pkumar20

vympel001

Oct 23, 2020
PRAMIT is generally good. I get replies within 4-5 hours.

How much time is NY consulate taking for PCC? My wife's passport was issued in NY Consulate and my passport was issued in India.

dsr_wny

Oct 26, 2020
PRAMIT is generally good. I get replies within 4-5 hours.

How much time is NY consulate taking for PCC? My wife's passport was issued in NY Consulate and my passport was issued in India.
Took about 7 weeks for me (Aug 28 documents delivered to NY Consulate to Oct 13 I got the letter at home)

mitwa1990

Star Member
Dec 14, 2013
NOC Code......
Took about 7 weeks for me (Aug 28 documents delivered to NY Consulate to Oct 13 I got the letter at home)
That is too much. My passport was issues from NYC. For me its been two weeks and no status has changed. It just keeps on showing "PCC application is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate." I am not sure if I should send an email to them on Monday 11/23 following up on my application or I should just wait?

I have also heard that in other consulates PPC like D.C. is much faster than NYC atleast.