+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Delhi (NDVO) 2017 - Spousal Sponsorship Outside Canada

ismaeel

Jul 26, 2017
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
June-2018
Does it show in ECAS if the process your background check ? Or is only in gckey ?

preity

Jun 25, 2012
Visa Office......
Mississauga/NVDO
@sp121212 seems like people with not applicable for bcg status had it change to "we are processing your background check" yesterday. Any theories? :)

shimnui1

Jun 28, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Depends on the birth certificate. If it’s registered at the time of birth itself, just a photocopy of it is enough
Hello, Thanks for your reply.

Actually her birth was registered late, so the question I asked do I need to submit all class 5, 8, 10, 12 Original results/certificates along with original Voter ID card? I am little confused on this part & want to make sure that the application is not returned.

shimnui1

Jun 28, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
you need Certified birth certificate copy and Fifth class or 10th class certificate if not English than translated from Notary public and original copy scene and send them online GCkey.
Thanks for your response. Her birth certificate was submitted to school during admission & she doesn't have it anymore. However she does have the school results/certificates. The wordings in the country specific requirement for birth certificate made me confused, so need some help. Do I need to submit all the original school records along with original Voter ID card (seem slike that's the case) but want to be double sure. what did people do here? do they return the original school records & voter id card?

also calling senior members please advise?

Last edited:

fjpatel007

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
22-06-2017
Doc's Request.
05-08-2017
AOR Received.
28-07-2017
File Transfer...
28-08-2017
Med's Request
15-08-2017
Med's Done....
06-09-2017
Passport Req..
04-04-2018
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2018
LANDED..........
10-05-2018
Besides all the BCG news, are there any march-april-may applicant who received PPR yesterday?

Dhillon101

Star Member
Jul 17, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
20 April
Doc's Request.
8 June
AOR Received.
2 June
File Transfer...
28 June aor 2 on 5 July
Med's Request
8 June
Med's Done....
9 June
Interview........
?
Passport Req..
?
VISA ISSUED...
?
LANDED..........
?
Hello, Thanks for your reply.

Actually her birth was registered late, so the question I asked do I need to submit all class 5, 8, 10, 12 Original results/certificates along with original Voter ID card? I am little confused on this part & want to make sure that the application is not returned.
My birth registration was also late...I included only birth certificate with the file..Then, they requested all certificates and voter id and I submitted through my GCKey ...Don’t submit original documents until they request for those..so provide only photocopies of these

shimnui1

Jun 28, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My birth registration was also late...I included only birth certificate with the file. Then, they requested all certificates and voter id and I submitted through my GCKey ...Don’t submit original documents until they request for those..so provide only photocopies of these
Thanks Dhillon101 for your response. The only reason I put it here because it seems some people submitted originals & some didn't.
To quote what CIC says:

Birth certificates issued in this country: If a birth is registered late, include the original baptism certificate and other original documents establishing identity such as:
  • Old school records (Fifth class, Middle standard and Matriculation/secondary school certificate), and
  • Voter's ID card.
and then CIC says:

Check the country-specific requirements to see if you need to submit any original documents. If the country specific requirements tell you that you must submit an original document instead of a copy, you must submit the original or we will return your application. See below for more information about country specific requirements.

So the general consensus is to just provide certified true copies of the above documents? Thanks all !!

gagancanadavisa

Star Member
Mar 13, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
28-03-2016
Where in the GC key? Have you received any email notification to read a new message in GC key?
No emails whatsoever for BGC update.
login to ur gckey account.
click on "Check Status and Messages"
you will see this:
Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

fjpatel007

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
22-06-2017
Doc's Request.
05-08-2017
AOR Received.
28-07-2017
File Transfer...
28-08-2017
Med's Request
15-08-2017
Med's Done....
06-09-2017
Passport Req..
04-04-2018
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2018
LANDED..........
10-05-2018
Where in the GC key? Have you received any email notification to read a new message in GC key?
did ur status changed to BCG in process on GC key or automated telephone service?