08-08-2012
Passport Req..
27-08-2012 sent 29 aug 2012
VISA ISSUED...
interview 8 jan. visa recv'd 22 jan 2013
LANDED..........
29 jan 2013 in Brampton, ontario
noor kaur said:
Hello guys my hubby received his passport with visa today.........so happy .....thank u every one for help .....this form is just great..........thank u so much for every thing that every one have done for me.........I will pray for every one who ever is waiting ....good luck....
mubarakaan noor.. god bless to both of u..

SBC2012

Star Member
Jul 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 1st 2012
AOR Received.
July 20th 2012
File Transfer...
Aug 1st 2012
Passport Req..
Aug 24th 2012
VISA ISSUED...
decision made Dec 1st 2012
doc.amar said:
hi..

when you arrive at iimigration at airport. the staff will stamp on ur passport and attach a document called landing paper. form xyz. keep it safe as u will need it in future. after that they will automaticaly enter details for you to issue you PR card. you should ask them about this if they do not tell u.. you will be eleigible to apply for health card after 90 days. as for sin card. you can go to service ontario same day if you want to and it will be issued instantly. open up bank account and yes. do make sure you get a credit card. td bank offers $500 limit card . u can request the staff to issue a $1000 limit. take two credit cards. in my opnion take 1 visa and 1 master card. u will need it for building ur credit should u wish to establish urself by borrowing from bank. do not get in any contract with any telephone company. its crazy here. u will see it when u come here. there are few horror stories. make sure you make a full long list of things that you can say are going to follow on a later date. like house hold stuff, you can say furniture, glasses, curtain, rugs u name it. especially jwellery. then it becomes duty free. message me if you need more info..
thanks amar for an insightful explanation... i want to add my 2 cents here.. The health card can be applied any time however it would be only effective 3 months after landing in canada.

I have 2 more questions since you seem to be knw a lot.

also can u please elaborate a little more on the duty free thing u talked in the last line...where wud one buy that stuff even if someone says that it will follow me.

SBC2012

Star Member
Jul 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 1st 2012
AOR Received.
July 20th 2012
File Transfer...
Aug 1st 2012
Passport Req..
Aug 24th 2012
VISA ISSUED...
SBC2012 said:
thanks amar for an insightful explanation... i want to add my 2 cents here.. The health card can be applied any time however it would be only effective 3 months after landing in canada.

also can u please elaborate a little more on the duty free thing u talked in the last line...where wud one buy that stuff even if someone says that it will follow me.
my second question was about the health insurance while waiting for health card.. what kind of insurance shud one have.

SBC2012

Star Member
Jul 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 1st 2012
AOR Received.
July 20th 2012
File Transfer...
Aug 1st 2012
Passport Req..
Aug 24th 2012
VISA ISSUED...
noor kaur said:
Hello guys my hubby received his passport with visa today.........so happy .....thank u every one for help .....this form is just great..........thank u so much for every thing that every one have done for me.........I will pray for every one who ever is waiting ....good luck....
congrats Noor!!! wish u all the best

doc.amar

Jul 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2012
File Transfer...
08-08-2012
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
SBC2012 said:

well if your partner is in canada. then its simple. just go down to buffalo, usa and buy there or detroit via windsor. the prices are quiet cheaper in usa. it is very common here for people to go and shop in usa. and order a container. or buy from retailers via bali or hongkong. after all costs. u still save about 20-30%

doc.amar

Jul 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2012
File Transfer...
08-08-2012
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
SBC2012 said:
my second question was about the health insurance while waiting for health card.. what kind of insurance shud one have.
well when I immigrated here. i just bought some medicine from india. did not get sick. never had to take insurance. if one has a medical condition, then i would suggest buy insurance from india. Insurance here is super freakin expensive almost of any kind. house insurance is probabbly ok. u might want to chek the rates of ICICI and few others. if you need it..

just to add to list for things to come. some time people go to india and order container to be shipped for later date. it all depends upon u. it is advisable that you do mention it. if you bring it or not. no problems. stay away from contract plans of any kind if u can. thats the bottom line. lots of people i have seen here had no guidance and poor souls become victims of conny sales staff. i do part time credit counscelling. thats why i know these things.

noor kaur

Star Member
Aug 27, 2012
Visa Office......
New delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 30 2012
Doc's Request.
Aug 30 2012
File Transfer...
june 30 2012
Med's Done....
jan 14 2012
Interview........
in process since 30th Oct, address change on nov 02,
Passport Req..
july 11 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 06 2012
LANDED..........
Very soon
doc.amar said:
well if your partner is in canada. then its simple. just go down to buffalo, usa and buy there or detroit via windsor. the prices are quiet cheaper in usa. it is very common here for people to go and shop in usa. and order a container. or buy from retailers via bali or hongkong. after all costs. u still save about 20-30%
sorry sorry I have ...?... About this as far I know if some one is coming to Canada first time they can bring any thing and it will have no custom than .....is that what u talk about and as far I understand ur post is if some want to after they land there husband or wife who ever can go to USA and shop and bring all the thing as they r bring to Canada as a newcomer is that right ?.....

Phulvir

May 25, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
enough of flights and luggage and SINs ...........any updatess buddies....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...:)

APscorpion

Aug 6, 2012
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30 April 2012
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
07 Aug 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24 Aug 2012 / (In Process - 26th Sept) & (Decision Made - 10th Jan 2013)
VISA ISSUED...
07 January 2013
LANDED..........
29 January 2013
I guess ND VO are busy in welcoming PM Harper....loll....I hope his trip ends and VO wud get back to work....

In addition to this....
A funny thing though: he's (Harper) travelling through the country — thousands of miles away —in a car with Ontario license plates.

Phulvir

May 25, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
APscorpion said:
I guess ND VO are busy in welcoming PM Harper....loll....I hope his trip ends and VO wud get back to work....

In addition to this....
A funny thing though: he's (Harper) travelling through the country — thousands of miles away —in a car with Ontario license plates.
Not a bad move ......He cannot afford to depend on "khakhi vardi" big bellied policemen for his " suraksha vivastha " ........lol

mumble

Jul 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-May-2012
AOR Received.
10-Aug-2012
File Transfer...
13-Aug-2012
Passport Req..
10-Oct-2012. In Process since 26th Sept 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made 18th Feb 2013..Address Change 16th Feb 2013)
LANDED..........
Destination Ontario
Hadd hoti hai sab cheez ki...kya nautanki chala rakhi hai NDVO ne...Just waiting for a day when there is nothing but "I got DM" and "Congrats" messages on this page.

APscorpion

Aug 6, 2012
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30 April 2012
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
07 Aug 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24 Aug 2012 / (In Process - 26th Sept) & (Decision Made - 10th Jan 2013)
VISA ISSUED...
07 January 2013
LANDED..........
29 January 2013
mumble said:
Hadd hoti hai sab cheez ki...kya nautanki chala rakhi hai NDVO ne...Just waiting for a day when there is nothing but "I got DM" and "Congrats" messages on this page.
Same here.... waiting for thatt one luckyyy dayyyy.....when we guys also get congratss from everyone else....n we will also talk abt tickets n all that....

cal2can

Oct 9, 2012
india
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July'12
Doc's Request.
Jan'13
File Transfer...
Aug'12
Med's Done....
1st Med- Jun'12/Re-med Sept'13
Interview........
Jan'13
Passport Req..
1st PPR-Sep'12/ 2nd PPR-Sept'13
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting!!!
Cummon NDVO show us some action!! Kyon sukne paaya hoya hai sabnu :-\

Canada enquiry

Star Member
Jul 27, 2010
Visa Office......
NewDelhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CPC-M on 11/April/2012
Doc's Request.
All submitted
AOR Received.
11/July/2012
File Transfer...
11/July/2012
Med's Done....
March/2012
Passport Req..
01/August/2012
VISA ISSUED...
In process 30/Oct/2012, DM 04/Nov/2012, Passport received 15/Nov/2012
@Thomas Saint-- Any news? pls inform thx.