+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

need opinion - FBI clearance for my wife

ethanr

Nov 9, 2008
hi

I am a Canadian citizen who married a filipino woman who is currently an out of status in the US.
We are in the process of getting our papers ready for filing my sponsorship for hercsnd her application for her PR visa. The only thing we're missing is her FBI clearance (we got her stats police clearance already) but we are worried that if she get fingerprinted for FBI would that mean she's going to get in trouble once they see that she is out of status here?

Really need advise
Ethane

GK

Dec 18, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2008
Passport Req..
20-07-2008
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2008
LANDED..........
01-10-2008
It will only check hwe criminal record - nothing else. No need to worry.

ethanr

Nov 9, 2008
hi GK,

Thank you so much for the input, that really helped,
Atleast, it's 1 less thing to worry about.

Grateful,
Ethanr

parksb2

Nov 2, 2008
Do you have a marriage certificate yet??

If so get it to the NSO ASAP .. it has taken us 2 months to obtain our marriage certificate and per the immigration checklist your certificate must be authenticated by the NSO in Manila !

Best wishes !

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ethanr said:
hi

I am a Canadian citizen who married a filipino woman who is currently an out of status in the US.
We are in the process of getting our papers ready for filing my sponsorship for hercsnd her application for her PR visa. The only thing we're missing is her FBI clearance (we got her stats police clearance already) but we are worried that if she get fingerprinted for FBI would that mean she's going to get in trouble once they see that she is out of status here?

Really need advise
Ethane
She can go get fingerprinted at UPS, then send in the papers for the FBI record. Overstaying visa is not a criminal offense. Lots of people have done this while being illegal so don't worry about it.

ethanr

Nov 9, 2008
thanks Leon for the assurance and the suggestion.
i told my fie to check and she have called the UPS store near us and will be doing just that.
we did not know they do fingerprinting.

we do have one more question if you don't mind, it seems to me you know a lot about this stuff.
i read the success story of RGV who finally got their Visa and moved to CAnada.
he mentioned to get the police certificate from all state you have lived for more than 6 months.
i am just wondering how do you do that?
if you live california and you need the certificate from south carolina?
we asked the guy from where we had my wifes livescan done and he doesn't have any clue.
maybe you know?

hi parksb2,

it seems to me we have somthing in common :)
yes, fortunately my wife kept a copy of her original NSO certified birth certificate and so she had her name changed already on her Pilippine passport and she received her new passport last week, it took only about 3 weeks, when they told us it was going to take about 6 weeks. (thank God!)

Good Luck to you too!!!

Ethanr

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
When I applied, they never asked for a state police report, just FBI so I only got the FBI. I don't know about state, sorry.

ethanr

Nov 9, 2008
that's ok, thank you anyways for your help.
so did you get your VISA yet? or are you done with all these stuff and already in Canada?
sorry, i'm just curious.
i hope you are one of those who has a successful story :)

estong

Oct 27, 2008
hi leon, what form do i need in getting an FBI clearance.... it must be requested by a canadian embassy first b4 you can do it or anytime you can have the FBI clearance request... please give me the link...

thanks

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got my visa a long time ago and immigrated to Canada and became citizen already but here is the FBI form> http://www.fbi.gov/hq/cjisd/fprequest.htm