+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

need help

lovecanadaaa

Feb 15, 2008
Helloo everyone, I'm new here and I got a question. I'm going to get my canadian resicency through my dad very soon but dont want to move there yet, because I am getting married and want to move there with my husband. I was wondering if I can sponser him after I get my residency before moving there though?( I know I have to go for landing, but I mean living there) Can I do that, or should I move there first and settle down and then apply for him.

maroraza

Star Member
Jan 11, 2008
lovecanadaaa said:
Helloo everyone, I'm new here and I got a question. I'm going to get my canadian resicency through my dad very soon but dont want to move there yet, because I am getting married and want to move there with my husband. I was wondering if I can sponser him after I get my residency before moving there though?( I know I have to go for landing, but I mean living there) Can I do that, or should I move there first and settle down and then apply for him.
you should move there first and then apply for him

Gdaymate

Star Member
Sep 26, 2007
Only Canadian citizens can sponsor while living abroad, PRs must reside in Canada during the application process. You should have a look at the application forms, especially the document checklist and see just what's needed. Although there is no minimum income requirement for sponsoring a husband only (no dependents) you need to provide your "Option C" printout (unless you live in Quebec where the requirements are different). You might find that hard to do if you're not living and working in Canada, even if you think they might not notice you crossing at the US borders.

And speaking of crossing the borders, you can ask for a Visitor Record - otherwise you might find it hard to prove that you HAVE been in Canada for the required amount of time to get Citizenship.

Hope that helps.