+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need Help With the "Job Offer" Question Please.

rbz

Apr 7, 2021
Hi All,

When I was filling out the EE profile, I answered "Yes" to the question "Do you have a job offer?". I didn't know it was associated with LMIA because I saw there were further questions about LMIA specifically below.

"Was a positive LMIA issued...?" I answered "No".
"Is the employer named on the current work permit?" I answered "No" as well.

I didn't get any extra marks on the arranged employment.
So I filled in the same answers in the application after ITA.

But when I saw my checklist, it required "Offer of employment" and "Letter of Employment", and when I change the answer of Job offer question to "No", these two documents are not required anymore.

I was invited under CEC. I worked for 1 year continuously, with PGWP.
My CRS score stays the same whatever I choose the "Yes" or "No" option.

My concern is, do I need to change my answer to "No"? If I change it, do I need to attach a letter of explanation about why did I change it, how should I explain?

Need your guidance, thank you in advance.

Last edited:

huxing0522

Dec 14, 2019
Halifax
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-03-2021
Med's Done....
23-03-2021
LANDED..........
16-08-2021
Do not need explain it.

Temitee002

Jan 26, 2021
AOR Aug 18- I made the same mistake, and answered YES to job offer. I can confirm that since you did not claim 50 points for the job offer, then you are good. I did the same and I have passed all my stages. I did not write a LOE for this but to ease your mind, you can if you want to.
Hope this helps, good luck!

rbz

Apr 7, 2021
AOR Aug 18- I made the same mistake, and answered YES to job offer. I can confirm that since you did not claim 50 points for the job offer, then you are good. I did the same and I have passed all my stages. I did not write a LOE for this but to ease your mind, you can if you want to.
Hope this helps, good luck!
Thank you so much for your reply. Is your application approved?

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hi All,

When I was filling out the EE profile, I answered "Yes" to the question "Do you have a job offer?". I didn't know it was associated with LMIA because I saw there were further questions about LMIA specifically below.

"Was a positive LMIA issued...?" I answered "No".
"Is the employer named on the current work permit?" I answered "No" as well.

I didn't get any extra marks on the arranged employment.
So I filled in the same answers in the application after ITA.

But when I saw my checklist, it required "Offer of employment" and "Letter of Employment", and when I change the answer of Job offer question to "No", these two documents are not required anymore.

I was invited under CEC. I worked for 1 year continuously, with PGWP.
My CRS score stays the same whatever I choose the "Yes" or "No" option.

My concern is, do I need to change my answer to "No"? If I change it, do I need to attach a letter of explanation about why did I change it, how should I explain?

Need your guidance, thank you in advance.
You answered No to LMIA question,. There's no need for anything else.

rbz

Apr 7, 2021
You answered No to LMIA question,. There's no need for anything else.
If I answer "Yes" to the job offer question, then I will have to upload two more documents, the offer of employment and the letter of employment :oops:

manishsap21

Dec 21, 2020
Thank you, its my pleasure. Wishing you the best in your application
Hi All.. I am in a similar situation and on ICT work permit when the employer is not ready to provide a new offer letter.
My CRS point is above the cut-off when I select NO to the offer letter after removing the 50 points. Is it safe to say NO post ITA and do we need to peovide any other explanation? Please advise.

miguelca

May 6, 2021
Hi All.. I am in a similar situation and on ICT work permit when the employer is not ready to provide a new offer letter.
My CRS point is above the cut-off when I select NO to the offer letter after removing the 50 points. Is it safe to say NO post ITA and do we need to peovide any other explanation? Please advise.
your score can’t be less than the cut off for the draw for which you were invited.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/invitation-apply.html

manishsap21

Dec 21, 2020