+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need Help!! Previous Visa Refusal in CEC PR Application

geetansh97

Jun 15, 2018
Hey Everyone, I desperately need some help here and your response is appreciated.

Question:1

There is a section where I have to mention previous Visa Refusals

I had total 3 refusals

First USA visitor Visa from India in 2015 got refused, one year later with my Dad's USA H1, I got approved and came to the US on H4 ( son of the worker which they can’t deny a visa, we didn’t have this in 2015 )

Second, my First student permit to Canada was refused ( when I was in the USA in 2017 ) because I failed to provide enough financial support documents, we applied again with LOE and my dad’s bank statements. Got Approved.

Third, In 2018 I applied for US visitor again ( In Canada) because H4 expired and I wanted to go meet my parents but they refused it ( I was on a student permit and they thought I won't come back/strong ties ) but applied again in 2019 and got approved for visit visa expiring in the year 2029 because I had a job (on PGWP) and I can't stay in the US for long because of permanent Fulltime job in Canada.

Now, all these refusals I forgot to mention in my COOP work permit and PGWP. I am being honest I didn't even saw these in PGWP and Coop work permit until I started reading forums.

Now I am confused about what to do? if I should mention all refusals in the PR application with LOE? OR leave it and only mention Canadian Student permit refusal only.

Also, If I mention this there will be an inconsistency of this question in the previous applications like PGWP, coop work permit.

Really confused about what to do? I would love to hear from people if they had any similar experiences and what they did OR want to suggest to me.

Question 2: I got Indian PCC last year June 2020, everywhere it says that Indian PCC has an expiry of 6 months? But If I never went back to India from the time I got it till now. Do I still need a new one or Can use the same?

Your response is greatly appreciated.

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Declare all refusals, as IRCC will def see it when they do info sharing with US.

If you’re PCC is issued AFTER the last time you stayed in India for 6 months or more in a row then you may use your Indian PCC. Even if it’s expired, IRCC may ask for a new one if they need it.

My case. I went back to my country of citizenship in 2019 to get my PCC and spent 4 weeks. Last time I spent 6 months or more in a row there was in 2017. I submitted my PCC issued in 2019 and it was accepted as it was issued AFTER I stayed there for 6 months or more in a row.

Last edited:

Seastar

Feb 6, 2023
Hey Everyone, I desperately need some help here and your response is appreciated.

Question:1

There is a section where I have to mention previous Visa Refusals

I had total 3 refusals

First USA visitor Visa from India in 2015 got refused, one year later with my Dad's USA H1, I got approved and came to the US on H4 ( son of the worker which they can’t deny a visa, we didn’t have this in 2015 )

Second, my First student permit to Canada was refused ( when I was in the USA in 2017 ) because I failed to provide enough financial support documents, we applied again with LOE and my dad’s bank statements. Got Approved.

Third, In 2018 I applied for US visitor again ( In Canada) because H4 expired and I wanted to go meet my parents but they refused it ( I was on a student permit and they thought I won't come back/strong ties ) but applied again in 2019 and got approved for visit visa expiring in the year 2029 because I had a job (on PGWP) and I can't stay in the US for long because of permanent Fulltime job in Canada.

Now, all these refusals I forgot to mention in my COOP work permit and PGWP. I am being honest I didn't even saw these in PGWP and Coop work permit until I started reading forums.

Now I am confused about what to do? if I should mention all refusals in the PR application with LOE? OR leave it and only mention Canadian Student permit refusal only.

Also, If I mention this there will be an inconsistency of this question in the previous applications like PGWP, coop work permit.

Really confused about what to do? I would love to hear from people if they had any similar experiences and what they did OR want to suggest to me.

Question 2: I got Indian PCC last year June 2020, everywhere it says that Indian PCC has an expiry of 6 months? But If I never went back to India from the time I got it till now. Do I still need a new one or Can use the same?

Your response is greatly appreciated.
Hi, is there any update for your case? Thanks