+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

need help on criminality issue

tim50

Feb 8, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
I have one arrest record in US. My FBI records says arrested but non-conviction. My state record says " No record found".
I need some help to fill section 9 in the form.
"IMM 0008E_1: Schedule 1 - Background/Declaration". What should fill in arrested/detained ? If I fill 'yes'. what details I need to fill in detailed section.

Do I need to take help immigration consultant / lawyer ? I am in Canada on work permit.

Any help in this will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

saki

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I would say that you should say "YES" and give detail that your were not convicted. If you have any documents from police confirming this then attach that. But do not hide anything as they will come to know about it.

Regards
Saki

maran1976

Feb 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 April 2010
AOR Received.
26 Nov 2010 (2nd Aor Date)
Med's Request
28-02-2013
Med's Done....
6th March 2013
Interview........
hopefully waived
Passport Req..
Recvd by CHC Mar 13th
mention 'yes' , date , place , reason for detention and questioning . its very important to mention that no charges were brought forward.

i would also advise to include a seperate cover note for this, giving all the details.

i am sorting my documents, and i plan to include a cover note/explanation for each section,so the VO understands my application better and there are no mis-understandings.

barsindoo

Champion Member
Jul 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
All previous members have advised you properly. The key is to be honest with the details that happened years back.

That's all. Peace.

dsingh007

Jun 4, 2010
Hi

I have a similar case..i was arrested, no charges....nothing

i cleared all my records from state and FBI..the when i sent my fingerprint to FBI and state..it says i am all clear....it says no arrest found....

so when i applied for canadian immi, I tick marked no..so looking at ur case..i am also bit worried

any suggestions

dubey

Mar 8, 2010
dsingh007 said:
Hi

I have a similar case..i was arrested, no charges....nothing

i cleared all my records from state and FBI..the when i sent my fingerprint to FBI and state..it says i am all clear....it says no arrest found....

so when i applied for canadian immi, I tick marked no..so looking at ur case..i am also bit worried

any suggestions
In the background declaration, u were clearly asked if you have 'ever' been arrested or have ever been convicted. How come u answered 'NO' when actully u have been arrested before even though there was no conviction This will be known by the IO whether u tell them or not. If they are the one that found out, there is a danger as it would be termed 'misrepresentation' of facts. It could also lead to a 2year ban from entering canada. Am sure u understand. Don't hide anything from the IO no matter how bad.

tim50

Feb 8, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I didn't disclose my arrest in visa/wp applications. I am now applying for PR and in deep trouble/confusion how I should tell CIC about this. Wondering if they know found as misreprestation and denied my PR. Any help/advice is appreciated. Thanks,

Canadian4U

May 12, 2010
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tim50 said:
I didn't disclose my arrest in visa/wp applications. I am now applying for PR and in deep trouble/confusion how I should tell CIC about this. Wondering if they know found as misreprestation and denied my PR. Any help/advice is appreciated. Thanks,
We have seen an rejection due to such reason..Don't hide anything... Be honest and apply otherwise later stage(B/ground check) they will came to know about history of your case.

Regards,

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tim50 said:
Hi,
I have one arrest record in US. My FBI records says arrested but non-conviction. My state record says " No record found".
I need some help to fill section 9 in the form.
"IMM 0008E_1: Schedule 1 - Background/Declaration". What should fill in arrested/detained ? If I fill 'yes'. what details I need to fill in detailed section.

Do I need to take help immigration consultant / lawyer ? I am in Canada on work permit.

Any help in this will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.
Fill Yes, and write in details, not guilty & release released without charge.

You don't need to take any immigration lawyer consultation for it but if you know some one who is willing to provide you the answer for free then better to know from him as well. But As per me, write Yes and in detail mention released without charge.

Best of luck

S

shibuya

TRUTH IS LIKE SWEET HONEY BUT A LIE IS LIKE SWEET POISON. TAKING HONEY IS GOOD FOR HEALTH BUT POISON???????? IT KILLS U .

Lilysh

May 2, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/04/2010
IELTS Request
Done
File Transfer...
RBVO
Med's Request
Hopefully in February!
Med's Done....
Waiting!!!
Passport Req..
Waiting!!!
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting!!!
LANDED..........
spring 2011
Shebiya I think it is better to tell the truth explaining ditails although it is like poison otherwise they will check all your docs and they will find out that you lied. I dont think they would like it more! But its up to you to decide. Good Luck!

S

shibuya

Lilysh,
You need to please see who has started the thread. It is Mr.Tim who needs advice and not me. Read this article and check who needs advice.

Regards,
Shibuya

tim50

Feb 8, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks to all for your advice. I will disclose truth while sending docs to visa office. My case is mix of criminality and misrepresentation and I have to deal with it. Here more concern of misrepresentation. I am planning to take lawyers help. Thanks,