Dec 7, 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 13, 2013
Passport Req..
Dec 18, 2013
LANDED..........
Jan 24, 2014
Hi guys, need your help.

I was working as a postdoc in physics and applied at February 2013 (got AOR at April).

I applied as a "programmer" and used NOC code 2174, since in my work permit it was written that I am programmer.

I have some information about programming in my job reference letter, but it is more about physics research:

"Alexey was a key developer of the Microvolt software package for semiconductor device modeling. He
proposed and implemented several new numerical techniques which improve the accuracy of standard
computational electrodynamics methods. The main direction of his research was studying optical and
electrical properties of nanostructured solar cells based on silicon, amorphous silicon and germanium. Alexey
demonstrated how to improve the efficiency of nanowires and nanostructured thin films solar cells by
appropriate choice of their architecture. He also proposed the way of modeling the photon recycling effect
which can be exploited to improve the efficiency of gallium arsenide solar cells. The results of his work are
published in major international journals."

It does not directly correspond to NOC 2174 requirement:
http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/Profile.aspx?val=2&val1=2174

What do you recommend me to do, guys? I think, I am in troubles...

data

Star Member
Nov 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Aug 19, 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
18-02-2014
Med's Done....
Upfront
grishan1 said:
Hi guys, need your help.

I was working as a postdoc in physics and applied at February 2013 (got AOR at April).

I applied as a "programmer" and used NOC code 2174, since in my work permit it was written that I am programmer.

I have some information about programming in my job reference letter, but it is more about physics research:

"Alexey was a key developer of the Microvolt software package for semiconductor device modeling. He
proposed and implemented several new numerical techniques which improve the accuracy of standard
computational electrodynamics methods. The main direction of his research was studying optical and
electrical properties of nanostructured solar cells based on silicon, amorphous silicon and germanium. Alexey
demonstrated how to improve the efficiency of nanowires and nanostructured thin films solar cells by
appropriate choice of their architecture. He also proposed the way of modeling the photon recycling effect
which can be exploited to improve the efficiency of gallium arsenide solar cells. The results of his work are

I was a postdoc in Physics as well. Went for NOC 2111 which is for physicists. From what I've gathered here the title doesn't matter. Only the duties description in the reference letter have to match the corresponding duties in the NOC website. I think your best bet would be to get a new reference letter from your boss and change your NOC. Not sure if it's possible but you could email CPP-Ottawa and hope for the best. As a physics postdoc you should be able to easily satisfy all 3 duties (research, writing papers, and do experiments). As for me, being a theorist, cannot satisfy the last duty (lol) but I sent them an explanation after applying.

Reactions: NeeSh

grishan1

Sep 5, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2013
AOR Received.
Apr 12, 2013
Med's Request
Dec 7, 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 13, 2013
Passport Req..
Dec 18, 2013
LANDED..........
Jan 24, 2014
Thanks... I will ask my boss to write a letter which will be concentrated on programming and email to Ottawa. I think it is easier, than trying to change my NOC code. Did they reply to your email?

data

Star Member
Nov 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Aug 19, 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
18-02-2014
Med's Done....
Upfront
grishan1 said:
Thanks... I will ask my boss to write a letter which will be concentrated on programming and email to Ottawa. I think it is easier, than trying to change my NOC code. Did they reply to your email?
Don't think they reply to anyone's email.

grishan1

Sep 5, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2013
AOR Received.
Apr 12, 2013
Med's Request
Dec 7, 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 13, 2013
Passport Req..
Dec 18, 2013
LANDED..........
Jan 24, 2014
My work permit is programmer, so I will ask my boss to update a reference letter with more information about programming. Thanks guys, hope for the best...
Yeah, canadian immigration policy is hypocritical. They are saying that they are welcome to immigrants, and at the same time they are looking for a stupid reason for rejection.

LPS

Champion Member
Aug 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
AOR Received.
07-10-2013
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
09-04-2014
I know. If your job description mentions anything about science they should let you in.

NeeSh

Apr 13, 2021
I was a postdoc in Physics as well. Went for NOC 2111 which is for physicists. From what I've gathered here the title doesn't matter. Only the duties description in the reference letter have to match the corresponding duties in the NOC website. I think your best bet would be to get a new reference letter from your boss and change your NOC. Not sure if it's possible but you could email CPP-Ottawa and hope for the best. As a physics postdoc you should be able to easily satisfy all 3 duties (research, writing papers, and do experiments). As for me, being a theorist, cannot satisfy the last duty (lol) but I sent them an explanation after applying.
Hiii
I also did postdoc in physics (4 years experience) and i have around 2 years experience in teaching, i am confused how to proceed for process...
Could you please suggest me or share your contact info if possible ? Its will be a great favour
Thanks
Neena

Jun 1, 2021

Hi, did you get your pr? Which noc you used? 2111 or 4011?

I am physics postdoc+ inland cec applicant. My job title (postdoc) belobs to noc 4011 but my duties are similar to noc 2111. I used 2111 and I am really concerned about my case.

Jun 1, 2021
Hi guys, need your help.

Hi, did you get your pr?