Deeps1993

Jan 18, 2015
Hello,
Im planning to do my masters in canada. My profile is as follows :

IELTS: 7.0
10th : 87.2%
12th : 86%
B.Tech : 70%

Also I have 1.5 years work experience as developer with Ernst & Young. I have shortlisted the following universities:
1. University of Victoria - MS in CS - Industrial option
2. Simon Fraser University - Masters in Big Data
3. Ryerson University - Masters in Data Science and Analytics

I would like to all your opinions on what you think about my decision and whether i stand a chance at any of these universities. You guys are always welcome to let me know any other universities which I have not considered above. Hope you guys can help me out here :)

olan_shile

Dec 28, 2016
Deeps1993 said:
Hello,
Im planning to do my masters in canada. My profile is as follows :

IELTS: 7.0
10th : 87.2%
12th : 86%
B.Tech : 70%

Also I have 1.5 years work experience as developer with Ernst & Young. I have shortlisted the following universities:
1. University of Victoria - MS in CS - Industrial option
2. Simon Fraser University - Masters in Big Data
3. Ryerson University - Masters in Data Science and Analytics

I would like to all your opinions on what you think about my decision and whether i stand a chance at any of these universities. You guys are always welcome to let me know any other universities which I have not considered above. Hope you guys can help me out here :)
Take Option 3 {3. Ryerson University - Masters in Data Science and Analytics} because its is a 1 year course and you will be given 1 year work permit.

Deeps1993

Jan 18, 2015
But everyone usually says getting a 3 year work permit is safer right?? Then why would you say a 1 year work permit is better?

olan_shile

Dec 28, 2016
Deeps1993 said:
But everyone usually says getting a 3 year work permit is safer right?? Then why would you say a 1 year work permit is better?
Sorry, i meant take option 3 out of your options first.