+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need Advice - Unreasonable Visitor Visa Refusal

pepega

Feb 26, 2022
Omnipresent
Category........
Other
I applied for a TRV to attend a wedding and also visit family. Got a refusal 2 days ago.

My details:

Age 27 , Indian
Engineer who works as an independent consultant, most of my work is remote.
Showed 100k balance in bank and another shown 250k in Investments.
Recent 1 month trip to the US in April
6 countries visited in the last 12 months alone
Have prior visit to Canada in 2019 to visit same family members.

Got refusal saying I won't leave Canada based on purpose of visit and status outside country of nationality.
I spend 6 months vacationing and travelling every year outside India but even when travelling I go back to India every 2 months before going to next destination.
But all my immediate family is in India.

The only other factor I can think of is the wedding dates had passed because of the IRCC strike but I had explicitly mentioned in the application that if processing took too long then I would still go on a later date to visit family after the wedding.

Now my question is, wtf do they even expect of me?

I have a successful career. I make more money and have more savings than a Canadian citizen in a similar profession and still they think I would overstay in a cold wasteland with high costs of living and taxes?
If I was an intending immigrant then why wouldn't I instead go to the US which has higher wages.

Thinking of going for a JR because this is just unreasonable and spoils my record.

Your opinions and advice please

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I applied for a TRV to attend a wedding and also visit family. Got a refusal 2 days ago.

My details:

Age 27 , Indian

Got refusal saying I won't leave Canada based on purpose of visit and status outside country of nationality.
I spend 6 months vacationing and travelling every year outside India but even when travelling I go back to India every 2 months before going to next destination.

The only other factor I can think of is the wedding dates had passed because of the IRCC strike but I had explicitly mentioned in the application that if processing took too long then I would still go on a later date to visit family after the wedding.

I have a successful career. I make more money and have more savings than a Canadian citizen in a similar profession and still they think I would overstay in a cold wasteland with high costs of living and taxes?
If I was an intending immigrant then why wouldn't I instead go to the US which has higher wages.

Thinking of going for a JR because this is just unreasonable and spoils my record.

Have you ever had prior Canadian refusals?

pepega

Feb 26, 2022
Omnipresent
Category........
Other
Have you ever had prior Canadian refusals?
Yes, they once accused me of misrepresentation but I took them to court and the decision was quashed because it was a fault in their webform system.
Short story was that I had tried to withdraw my SP application but the webform didn't reach them and when they checked my funds they saw they were withdrawn. Thankfully I had proofs and got settlement from the minister.

Since that decision was essentially set aside because it was illegal it should be considered as having no refusals although I did mention and explain this in my application.

At this point I suspect they are just biased and bias would mean procedural unfairness and blatant mistreatment and can result in costs being awarded if I take them to court again.

Reactions: Rhny

trymebeyonce2020

Feb 21, 2023

My details:

Age 27 , Indian

Sorry to hear about your recent refusal, I’m not an expert and don’t really know much about traveling procedures. But to be frankly honest with you just for a little period of time I have been on here, Canada is one country who does not care if you have millions of dollars in your bank account, or even you’re the son of a president of another country, as long as you do not meet their requirement they will deny you. My opinion is that they feel it’s unnecessary to come over to Canada just because you wanted to attend a wedding.. Sometimes when I hear about the reasons they refuses applicants I marvel, that shows they are very strict and they are not like USA who give visas easily. Well, I do wish you best of luck ahead in whatever steps you wishes to take.

pepega

Feb 26, 2022
Omnipresent
Category........
Other
Sorry to hear about your recent refusal, I’m not an expert and don’t really know much about traveling procedures. But to be frankly honest with you just for a little period of time I have been on here, Canada is one country who does not care if you have millions of dollars in your bank account, or even you’re the son of a president of another country, as long as you do not meet their requirement they will deny you. My opinion is that they feel it’s unnecessary to come over to Canada just because you wanted to attend a wedding.. Sometimes when I hear about the reasons they refuses applicants I marvel, that shows they are very strict and they are not like USA who give visas easily. Well, I do wish you best of luck ahead in whatever steps you wishes to take.

Yeah but their analysis doesn't make sense. The purpose was to attend a close relative's wedding and also visit family. That's generally the most common reason for a TRV and I have travelled to Canada before for the same reason of visiting family so I don't understand why they would think it's unnecessary.

Waiting on GCMS, will proceed further from there.

Reactions: ashmaitsingh

trymebeyonce2020

Feb 21, 2023
Yeah but their analysis doesn't make sense. The purpose was to attend a close relative's wedding and also visit family. That's generally the most common reason for a TRV and I have travelled to Canada before for the same reason of visiting family so I don't understand why they would think it's unnecessary.

Okay

Fahad Rajput

Star Member
Mar 10, 2013
Hyderabad,Sindh
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Sorry to hear this brother. I read your detailed message and was really amazed. I was also refused on 7th june and applied gcms notes on 8th june. I took help with some CIC consultant and made app which were very strong in my view. But they refused me and my wife, 2 year son. I have a vast travel history even my wife travel with me 6 european countries and azerbaijan as well. All three of us have b2 valid visa ..they refused us with points not have steong family ties outside canada. The purpose of visit not consistant. Employement history show you are not strong..i applied with genuine bank statements bith personal and business . Having balance likely 83thousand CAD ..and not a single amount i deposit for a visa. Include property valuations as well . 6 vehicles credit cards business documents audit reports income tax returns ..gave plan we will visit canada then newyork but visa refused ..its really hearth broken..is Reconsideration request via webform works? When you applied gcms notes ?

Reactions: pepega

Legend6892

Jul 31, 2017
Sorry to hear this brother. I read your detailed message and was really amazed. I was also refused on 7th june and applied gcms notes on 8th june. I took help with some CIC consultant and made app which were very strong in my view. But they refused me and my wife, 2 year son. I have a vast travel history even my wife travel with me 6 european countries and azerbaijan as well. All three of us have b2 valid visa ..they refused us with points not have steong family ties outside canada. The purpose of visit not consistant. Employement history show you are not strong..i applied with genuine bank statements bith personal and business . Having balance likely 83thousand CAD ..and not a single amount i deposit for a visa. Include property valuations as well . 6 vehicles credit cards business documents audit reports income tax returns ..gave plan we will visit canada then newyork but visa refused ..its really hearth broken..is Reconsideration request via webform works? When you applied gcms notes ?
Since the start of June, they have refused more applicants.

pepega

Feb 26, 2022
Omnipresent
Category........
Other

I have put in a reconsideration request but don't have high hopes for it.

Applied GCMS 2 days ago, same day of refusal.
The law requires their decision to be justifiable and supported by facts. So if we were to file a JR we would surely win because this does not make sense.

Additionally it spoils your history as well. I would advise you to go for JR if you are willing to spend the funds on it,

Reactions: PR_aspirent

Fahad Rajput

Star Member
Mar 10, 2013
Hyderabad,Sindh
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have put in a reconsideration request but don't have high hopes for it.

Applied GCMS 2 days ago, same day of refusal.
The law requires their decision to be justifiable and supported by facts. So if we were to file a JR we would surely win because this does not make sense.

Additionally it spoils your history as well. I would advise you to go for JR if you are willing to spend the funds on it,
I dont how to apply for JR but have sense that for it someone have to hire a lawyer there..so what you suppose to do wait for gmcs notes and re-apply or straightaway apply for a Jr..and if you are going to JR so how would you apply for it ..have any idea?

pepega

Feb 26, 2022
Omnipresent
Category........
Other
I dont how to apply for JR but have sense that for it someone have to hire a lawyer there..so what you suppose to do wait for gmcs notes and re-apply or straightaway apply for a Jr..and if you are going to JR so how would you apply for it ..have any idea?

JR costs about 4k if you get a lawyer to do it for you and settlement is received (Most strong cases get settlement)

You don't have to wait for notes for JR because they will send notes as part of the JR process.

BOB89

Star Member
Nov 1, 2022

My details:

Age 27 , Indian

i have a similar issue probably a glitch in the system . i reapplied

pepega

Feb 26, 2022
Omnipresent
Category........
Other
i have a similar issue probably a glitch in the system . i reapplied

I was thinking of reapplying but usually the system will see a recent refusal and might automatically refuse the next one too.
Let me know how it goes. Good luck