+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

National Identity Document?

Hel301

Jan 11, 2019
Hey, so I'm just applying for my Working Holiday visa and I get asked "Do you have a National Identity Document?"
I'm from Germany. So I already put my passport information in the field for the passport but what should I put in that National Identity Document field?
Or do I even have to answer "No"?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hey, so I'm just applying for my Working Holiday visa and I get asked "Do you have a National Identity Document?"
I'm from Germany. So I already put my passport information in the field for the passport but what should I put in that National Identity Document field?
Or do I even have to answer "No"?
Not all countries have them. According to this, Germany has either the passport or the "Personalausweis" -
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_national_identity_card_policies_by_country

if you don't have the Personalausweis, just say no.

Hel301

Jan 11, 2019
Not all countries have them. According to this, Germany has either the passport or the "Personalausweis" -
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_national_identity_card_policies_by_country

if you don't have the Personalausweis, just say no.
I actually have the "Personalausweis". I know that the Personalausweis is not accepted as entry document to entry Canada. But I think this shouldn't be a problem for putting the information of my Personalausweis in this field, right?
I'm just so scared of being rejected just because I fail at putting this document there :D

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
I actually have the "Personalausweis". I know that the Personalausweis is not accepted as entry document to entry Canada. But I think this shouldn't be a problem for putting the information of my Personalausweis in this field, right?
I'm just so scared of being rejected just because I fail at putting this document there :D

Well, then don't fail to put that document there. :) Since you DO have the Personalausweis, of course you have to include the information. (and a scan).