+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

my job responsibilities VS NOC 2172

Sk_89

Star Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hi Everyone,

I am confused about finding most relevant NOC. I have attached my job responsibilities. Can you please suggest any or confirm if NOC 2172 suits well?
Thanks and I highly appreciate your time.

KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Creates training documents and user process manuals
2. Provides training in person, online and on the phone to internal and external users like Passport Agencies (PA) staff and TPA users in Passport Administrative related processes
3. Provides technical support in person, online and on the phone to internal and external users for use of CRM database, Docushare, eForm and to TPA users for use of TPA portal.
4. Helps internal and external users on running queries and troubleshooting client files on the database.
5. Performs UAT on the PA systems (CRM, TPA portal).
6. Manages the PA Help Desk mailboxes. Answers inquiries and provides support online, by email or by phone. Analyzes the nature of the questions and directs to the appropriate department and escalate as required in a timely manner.
7. Manages SharePoint sites (PA, TPA) by uploading documents, videos, posting announcements and sent invites to internal and external users among others.
8. Liaises with IT team for any IT issues by submitting tickets in the FDM and PA ticketing system about user accounts (FDM, PA and TPA users), PA systems/permission issues and others and follow up by email.
9. Coordinates new client importing, transfer in/out and closings in CRM.
10. Creates and adjusts the budget lines as per request.
11. Assist in cleaning up the TPA, Service Agency and Broker Budget Adjustment Pending logs
12. Assists with the development of Ministry reports.
13. Generates and verifies the Ministry reports to ensure the data accuracy. Flags problems and coordinates with the Manager, Systems, Data and Reporting Management and PAs for resolutions.
14. Performs electronic client databases testing to support software development as required.
15. Performs document audit for PA and cleanup on CRM and DocuShare.
16. Assists in monitoring and analyzing data quality in CRM in collaboration with the PA Manager, Systems, Data and Reporting Management and PAs and makes corrections as required.
17. Suggests improvements in data collection, analysis methods and service data systems.
18. Contributes and assists in the development of organizational and departmental policies and services pertinent to the role.
19. Provides feedback and suggests changes to improve efficiency and effectiveness of PA systems, user manuals, procedures and routines. Implements approved changes.
20. May be assigned additional duties that are consistent with this role.

callisto

Mar 4, 2020
It looks like a fit for NOC 2172. It is also my NOC. However, I am not an expert on every NOC, keep that in mind, maybe another NOC would be a better fit.
One thing you can do to make sure is to ask an employment letter from your HR department to see which NOC is written on their system.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
hello everyone i was wondering if we can change our job title according to job duties and noc ? My job title is manager but my roles and responsibilities match supervisor. Any thoughts folks.

Sk_89

Star Member
Mar 24, 2020
Thanks callisto for responding. Unfortunately most of the HR at companies are not sure of their jobs NOCs and I don't find any relevant/better code than 2172 for mine job responsibilities.
It looks like a fit for NOC 2172. It is also my NOC. However, I am not an expert on every NOC, keep that in mind, maybe another NOC would be a better fit.
One thing you can do to make sure is to ask an employment letter from your HR department to see which NOC is written on their system.

Sk_89

Star Member
Mar 24, 2020
hello everyone i was wondering if we can change our job title according to job duties and noc ? My job title is manager but my roles and responsibilities match supervisor. Any thoughts folks.
Miss bee, as per cic website, job title is not important. Your job responsibilities should match (close to 50%) with the given/applied NOCs duties. I believe you should go for a NOC emphasizing on Supervisory role than manager.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Miss bee, as per cic website, job title is not important. Your job responsibilities should match (close to 50%) with the given/applied NOCs duties. I believe you should go for a NOC emphasizing on Supervisory role than manager.
So should i put job title as supervisor. Or remain as it is and put noc of supervisor

Quesask1

Star Member
Nov 20, 2018
They don’t care . I think job title is just formality. Noc code is more important
Hi Miss bee, I want to ask the same query, job title is not mentioned in noc category but job responsiblities are same. HR go through the job descriptions and willing to mention the the job title as it is in Noc. Should be any problem.