+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My comprehensive VISA timeline for Janury 2020 intake

mayankraj

Star Member
Aug 3, 2019
india
Hello everyone.
We all know how complicated the VISA process can get. I have seen numerous threads here which have questions begging for answers but the person who asked them has either forgot to reply because he got approved or stopped visiting the forums for whatever reasons.
I will be posting my entire VISA process here, along with the dates and the messages that I received on my CIC and on my personal e-mail right from submitting the application till I got my passport handed over to me with the VISA Stamp.
To start with, this is what my profile looks like
10th - 80%
12th - 68%
UG - Btech CSE 7.66 GPA graduated in 2017.
IELTS - Overall 8
Two years of work ex as a web developer.
I got accepted for a grad certificate in web design and development at Conestoga College for JAN 2020.
Applied under SDS(online)

Submission of Application - October 9, 2019.
Biometrics Collection letter and confirmation of application - October 10, 2019.
Medical passed - October 15, 2019.
Biometrics enrolled - October 16, 2019.
Background check completed - October 16, 2019.
Eligibility check completed - October 22, 2019.(Although the status remained as "we are reviewing your eligibility" until 29 October, 2019. This was because of a common delay in web updates delivery system).
Original passport request - October 22, 2019.
Final decision changed to Your application was approved - October 22, 2019. Although the date on CIC shows October 29, 2019.

I then went to the VFS on October 23, 2019 and handed over my passport. Paid Rs 611( For SMS updates and courier service). The following are the updates that I received over e-mail from then on.

October 23, 2019. -

Dear xxx

Visa application, tracking ID No. (xxx) has been dispatched to OC from VAC, on 2019-10-24 01:41:50 PM GMT Standard Time for processing.Please note this is an auto generated e.mail. Please do NOT reply to this email.

October 25, 2019.

Dear xxx

Visa application, tracking ID No. (xxx) The envelope for the decision on the results of your visa that has been processed has been received at the Canadian Visa Application Center at BangaloreOC, on the date. We will then send this to the Canadian Visa Application Center BangaloreOC. Please note that this is an automated email. Please DO NOT reply to this email.

October 25, 2019.

Dear xxx

Visa application, tracking ID No. (xxx) has been received at the BangaloreOC VAC on 2019-10-25 04:14:17 AM GMT Standard Time and is on transit to the IRCC Office in BangaloreOC ,for processing. Please note this is an auto generated e.mail. Please do NOT reply to this email.

October 25, 2019.

Dear xxx

Visa application, tracking ID No.(xxx) is under process at the IRCC Office. Please note this is an auto generated e.mail. Please do NOT reply to this email.

October 29, 2019.

Dear xxx

Visa application, tracking ID No. (xxx) – Your processed decision envelope has been dispatched from the IRCC Office, on 2019-10-29 09:22:03 AM GMT Standard Time to the Canada Visa Application Centre in CVO-BANGALORE. Please note this is an auto generated e.mail. Please do NOT reply to this email.

October 29, 2019.

Dear xxx

Visa application, tracking ID No. (xxx) Your processed decision envelope has been received at the Canada Visa Application Centre in BangaloreOC, on 2019-10-29 10:54:59 AM GMT Standard Time . We shall further send this to the Canada Visa Application Centre(BangaloreOC). Please note this is an auto generated e.mail. Please do NOT reply to this email.

October 29, 2019.

Dear xxx

Visa application, tracking ID No. (xxx) – Decision envelope has been couriered from the Canada Visa Application Centre, on 2019-10-29 10:56:07 AM GMT Standard Time vide courier partner. To track the status of the shipment, please visit courier partner website.

October 29, 2019. -

Application status changed to Approved.

October 30, 2019.

Correspondence letter received.

October 31, 2019.

Received the stamped VISA through courier.

I have attached every message communicated to me by the VFS from start to end. You can track your application progress by keeping my timeline for reference. If there are any questions feel free to ask.

Pretty Franca

Star Member
Oct 23, 2019
Wow, amazing, you applied for a certificate program and it was granted? You have encouraged me
I applied for certificate program also in ethics, justice and law in scientific research, I have a degree in biochemistry already, so I need this certification before proceeding to Masters degree. I pray that mine will go as smooth as yours

mayankraj

Star Member
Aug 3, 2019
india
Wow, amazing, you applied for a certificate program and it was granted? You have encouraged me
I applied for certificate program also in ethics, justice and law in scientific research, I have a degree in biochemistry already, so I need this certification before proceeding to Masters degree. I pray that mine will go as smooth as yours
I am thinking of using my grad certificate program(PG diploma) as a bridging course for masters as well. But these thoughts are reserved for later. My two years of work experience in the same field as the one I have applied for really helped me. This described my clear vision of the future.
Also, I would like to state that this is a two-year graduate certificate and not a University Certificate or a certificate program that runs for a year or less.
These are two different things, just in case you're getting them mixed.

Harry201924

Dec 4, 2019
Hello everyone.
We all know how complicated the VISA process can get. I have seen numerous threads here which have questions begging for answers but the person who asked them has either forgot to reply because he got approved or stopped visiting the forums for whatever reasons.
I will be posting my entire VISA process here, along with the dates and the messages that I received on my CIC and on my personal e-mail right from submitting the application till I got my passport handed over to me with the VISA Stamp.
To start with, this is what my profile looks like
10th - 80%
12th - 68%
UG - Btech CSE 7.66 GPA graduated in 2017.
IELTS - Overall 8
Two years of work ex as a web developer.
I got accepted for a grad certificate in web design and development at Conestoga College for JAN 2020.
Applied under SDS(online)

Submission of Application - October 9, 2019.
Biometrics Collection letter and confirmation of application - October 10, 2019.
Medical passed - October 15, 2019.
Biometrics enrolled - October 16, 2019.
Background check completed - October 16, 2019.
Eligibility check completed - October 22, 2019.(Although the status remained as "we are reviewing your eligibility" until 29 October, 2019. This was because of a common delay in web updates delivery system).
Original passport request - October 22, 2019.
Final decision changed to Your application was approved - October 22, 2019. Although the date on CIC shows October 29, 2019.

I then went to the VFS on October 23, 2019 and handed over my passport. Paid Rs 611( For SMS updates and courier service). The following are the updates that I received over e-mail from then on.

October 23, 2019. -

Dear xxx

Visa application, tracking ID No. (xxx) has been dispatched to OC from VAC, on 2019-10-24 01:41:50 PM GMT Standard Time for processing.Please note this is an auto generated e.mail. Please do NOT reply to this email.

October 25, 2019.

Dear xxx

Visa application, tracking ID No. (xxx) The envelope for the decision on the results of your visa that has been processed has been received at the Canadian Visa Application Center at BangaloreOC, on the date. We will then send this to the Canadian Visa Application Center BangaloreOC. Please note that this is an automated email. Please DO NOT reply to this email.

October 25, 2019.

Dear xxx

Visa application, tracking ID No. (xxx) has been received at the BangaloreOC VAC on 2019-10-25 04:14:17 AM GMT Standard Time and is on transit to the IRCC Office in BangaloreOC ,for processing. Please note this is an auto generated e.mail. Please do NOT reply to this email.

October 25, 2019.

Dear xxx

Visa application, tracking ID No.(xxx) is under process at the IRCC Office. Please note this is an auto generated e.mail. Please do NOT reply to this email.

October 29, 2019.

Dear xxx

Visa application, tracking ID No. (xxx) – Your processed decision envelope has been dispatched from the IRCC Office, on 2019-10-29 09:22:03 AM GMT Standard Time to the Canada Visa Application Centre in CVO-BANGALORE. Please note this is an auto generated e.mail. Please do NOT reply to this email.

October 29, 2019.

Dear xxx

Visa application, tracking ID No. (xxx) Your processed decision envelope has been received at the Canada Visa Application Centre in BangaloreOC, on 2019-10-29 10:54:59 AM GMT Standard Time . We shall further send this to the Canada Visa Application Centre(BangaloreOC). Please note this is an auto generated e.mail. Please do NOT reply to this email.

October 29, 2019.

Dear xxx

Visa application, tracking ID No. (xxx) – Decision envelope has been couriered from the Canada Visa Application Centre, on 2019-10-29 10:56:07 AM GMT Standard Time vide courier partner. To track the status of the shipment, please visit courier partner website.

October 29, 2019. -

Application status changed to Approved.

October 30, 2019.

Correspondence letter received.

October 31, 2019.

Received the stamped VISA through courier.

I have attached every message communicated to me by the VFS from start to end. You can track your application progress by keeping my timeline for reference. If there are any questions feel free to ask.
Hi I have applied online in oct 2019 . Received correspondence letter related to biometrics. And status has been changed. Can you tell me still how much it takes for taking decision and where I stand . Bcz my intake is in feb 2nd week . Thanks .