+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

my attempts to contact CIC Caracas... the quest

Yojimbo

Star Member
Oct 31, 2007
So, considering that,

- The hospital sent my medicals 7 months ago and I still haven't heard from CIC;
- In the document they sent me it says that "the process may take up to 18 months" and I'm at month number 19 and have planned accordingly;
- I have sent 3 emails in the last 6 months without getting a reply;

I decided to call Caracas and ask, "what the hell?!!!". So I wake up at 500am my time so I can call between posted hours where I can speak to someone, 300pm and 430pm Caracas time.

I call and an answering machine answers, "one moment please, you're call is being transfered..." it rings, "tuuuuu, tuuuuuu, tuuuuu, tuuuuu...." another answering machine picks up, "thank you for callinig XXX system, if you know the person you would like to speak...." and it continues to say useless information in 3 different languages. I press "0" to see if it gets me an operator, but the recording restarts.

I think, "maybe it's in the first set of "tuuuuuu"s that someone is supposed to pick up" so I call 1, 2, 3, 4, ,5 ,6 ,7 ,8 ,9, 10, 11, 12, 13 times, same thing.

I call the another phone number that is not related to immigration just to see if I can speak to anyone. YES! a lady answers! As soon as I said a few words interrupts and says, "let me transfer you to immigration section because I really can't help you with that." and she puts me on hold. An answering machine answers "You've reached "John Doe" please leave a message..."

I have left a few messages in this answering machine in the past year, I might as well speak to my shower head, it's more satisfying.

I call again to ask the lady what's the best way to ask my questions, but an answering machine picks up. This time it says, "if you know the name of the person you want to talk to, press "2"", so I do that. "Please enter the name of the person..." I press "John Doe's name. "One moment please...".

A man picks up, "Hello?" What a great feeling to hear a human voice! I start speaking, "Good afternoon, I'm calling with regards to my application for permanent residen..." *click* "tuu, tuu, tuu, tuu, tuu, tuu"... he hung up.

I call the last time, the lady answers. I ask the best way to enquire about my case and she quickly responds, "please send us an email" I say, "I have sent 3 in the last 6 months and I haven't received an answer" She says, "please write down the email address, 'crcas-immigration@international,gc.ca'"...

I sent an email to that address and went to sleep... frustrated.

Today I woke up to find the "undelivered message" email, "unknow address"...

and now I'm planning Master Plan B.

Any suggestions?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Yojimbo said:
So, considering that,

- The hospital sent my medicals 7 months ago and I still haven't heard from CIC;
- In the document they sent me it says that "the process may take up to 18 months" and I'm at month number 19 and have planned accordingly;
- I have sent 3 emails in the last 6 months without getting a reply;

I decided to call Caracas and ask, "what the hell?!!!". So I wake up at 500am my time so I can call between posted hours where I can speak to someone, 300pm and 430pm Caracas time.

I call and an answering machine answers, "one moment please, you're call is being transfered..." it rings, "tuuuuu, tuuuuuu, tuuuuu, tuuuuu...." another answering machine picks up, "thank you for callinig XXX system, if you know the person you would like to speak...." and it continues to say useless information in 3 different languages. I press "0" to see if it gets me an operator, but the recording restarts.

I think, "maybe it's in the first set of "tuuuuuu"s that someone is supposed to pick up" so I call 1, 2, 3, 4, ,5 ,6 ,7 ,8 ,9, 10, 11, 12, 13 times, same thing.

I call the another phone number that is not related to immigration just to see if I can speak to anyone. YES! a lady answers! As soon as I said a few words interrupts and says, "let me transfer you to immigration section because I really can't help you with that." and she puts me on hold. An answering machine answers "You've reached "John Doe" please leave a message..."

I have left a few messages in this answering machine in the past year, I might as well speak to my shower head, it's more satisfying.

I call again to ask the lady what's the best way to ask my questions, but an answering machine picks up. This time it says, "if you know the name of the person you want to talk to, press "2"", so I do that. "Please enter the name of the person..." I press "John Doe's name. "One moment please...".

A man picks up, "Hello?" What a great feeling to hear a human voice! I start speaking, "Good afternoon, I'm calling with regards to my application for permanent residen..." *click* "tuu, tuu, tuu, tuu, tuu, tuu"... he hung up.

I call the last time, the lady answers. I ask the best way to enquire about my case and she quickly responds, "please send us an email" I say, "I have sent 3 in the last 6 months and I haven't received an answer" She says, "please write down the email address, 'crcas-immigration@international,gc.ca'"...

I sent an email to that address and went to sleep... frustrated.

Today I woke up to find the "undelivered message" email, "unknow address"...

and now I'm planning Master Plan B.

Any suggestions?
1. First you have the wrong email it is : caracas-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca not Crcas
2. What does Ecas say, medical received?
3. So try the email again.

PMM

Yojimbo

Star Member
Oct 31, 2007
Ah, thanks PMM,

1. Let us review the email correspondence I have sent.

07, Oct 15 to: caracas-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca - got the "re-" acknowledgement.
08, Jan 31 - filled the form on the website and got the "re-" acknowledgement. No answer yet.
08, Feb 23 to: caracas-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca - got the "re-" acknowledgement. No answer yet.
08, Mar 03 to: caracas-immigration@international.gc.ca - undelivered, "user unkown"
08, Mar 03 to: crcas-immigration@international.gc.ca - undelivered, "user unkown"

2. E-Cas says "In progress" *click* "We started processing your application on...".

3. I'm going to try faxing them today, mix it up a little. What do you think?

Thx

mikelingen

Star Member
Aug 3, 2007
Yojimbo,

What can I say mann !!!!

1. For me my E-cas still says "In Progress" EVEN THOUGH MY PASSPORTS ARE ALREADY WITH CIC SINGAPORE : Which mean you can't entirely depend on this method of updating your case.

2. On insistence from you guys on the forum on 27/2/2008, I sent them an email at

singapore-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca and on 29/2/2008, I got a reply saying that a letter asking for my passports for stamping was posted out on 31/10/2007, (you guessed right - it got lost)
and they faxed me the said letter on 2/3/2008.

Further the Visa officer was very understanding when I sent him another email requesting that I send my passports hand carried by a friend. And he replied, promising to clear my passports in 3 working days.

I am convinced CIC is committed 100% in disposing all cases at their earliest, once they have arrived at a 'decision'

In your case - I can imagine a similar scenario to mine. My guess is your letter was lost.

Try the fax... 'mixing it up' boy ! don't you be needing to do that after such a long delay.

If possible - try going to the embassy personally and ask to speak to the Visa Officer.

You have to keep trying different things to get across to the people at your visa office.

In the meantime I will say a prayer for you (if it will help) and you do the same and remember you have to start being .... PROACTIVE and find ways to solve this problem.

Have a nice day ! And yes keep smiling......

Mike