+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My Associate and Bachelor Degrees in ECA are combined and considered as one Bachelor degree. How should I fill my education history for Express Entry

MehrNazi

Dec 22, 2020
Hello,

In ECA both my 2-year associate and 2-year bachelor, combined are considered as a 4-year Bachelor.
I received my Associate and Bachelor from two different institutes. In Express Entry profile I input these two degrees separately, and for both of them I answer the ECA equivalent as Bachelor. But, it might be misleading, as each of them may be considered equivalent to a separate Bachelor degree for counting the points, while only the combination of them is equivalent to one Bachelor degree. So, what is the best procedure for completing my education history in Express Entry profile?
Thanks.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
What does ECA say for equivalency for each program? Most likely yo chose:

Bachelor's degree OR a three or more year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute

MehrNazi

Dec 22, 2020
Here is what ECA say:
Outcome: Four-year Bachelor's degree from a recognized university

Credential(s) Applicable: Credential 1, Credential 2

Remarks: This equivalency takes into consideration the combined credentials listed above

--------------------------------------------------------------
Credntial1: Associate’s Degree Countary: Iran

Credential 2: Bachelor’s Degree Countary: Iran

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

My question is how to reflect this combination in my express entry profile, without causing misunderstanding?

Last edited:

MehrNazi

Dec 22, 2020
I would choose the ECA equivalent for the Associate's degree as nothing. That way the system will only count one bachelor, which is what your assessment says. If you enter 2 bachelor's degrees the system will give you more points, but when you get drawn the officer will refuse the application.

I think you are right. Thanks for your help.

Amy2000_2019

Star Member
Jul 9, 2019
Here is what ECA say:
Outcome: Four-year Bachelor's degree from a recognized university

Credential(s) Applicable: Credential 1, Credential 2

Remarks: This equivalency takes into consideration the combined credentials listed above

--------------------------------------------------------------
Credntial1: Associate’s Degree Countary: Iran

Credential 2: Bachelor’s Degree Countary: Iran

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

My question is how to reflect this combination in my express entry profile, without causing misunderstanding?
Hello Mehrnazi,

Your question is my question as well. Did you get 120 or 128 points for your degree for express entry?

MehrNazi

Dec 22, 2020
Hello Mehrnazi,

Your question is my question as well. Did you get 120 or 128 points for your degree for express entry?
Hi,
For Associate's degree I chose the ECA equivalent as "none". So it's only reflected in ECA equivalent of my Bachelor's degree.

Amy2000_2019

Star Member
Jul 9, 2019
Did you have one ECA or two? I heard that if you get two ECA, you receive points for two and more diploma. Also, did you send your associate and your bachelor degree as one package to WES? Also, what was the duration of your degree? I guess 2 years each, right?