+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Multiple Entry Visa V1

Ratish

Jun 1, 2009
Hi!!
My mother has a Indian passport and multiple entry visa for Canada and USA.
She came to Canada on Nov14th 2009.
Her six months stay is going to expire on May13th 2010.

Is there a way that she can go to USA(as she has US visa) and come back to Canada and can get another extension for stay before the expiry of her 6 months stay?
I mean if she goes to US on May1st 2010 and stays there for 3 days and come back to Canada on May 7th 2010, will she get an extension on her stay for another 6 months?

Seniors Please help...

Regards

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Ratish said:
Hi!!
My mother has a Indian passport and multiple entry visa for Canada and USA.
She came to Canada on Nov14th 2009.
Her six months stay is going to expire on May13th 2010.

Is there a way that she can go to USA(as she has US visa) and come back to Canada and can get another extension for stay before the expiry of her 6 months stay?
I mean if she goes to US on May1st 2010 and stays there for 3 days and come back to Canada on May 7th 2010, will she get an extension on her stay for another 6 months?

Seniors Please help...

Regards
When does her multiple entry visa to Canada expire? The officer might perceive it as flagpoling but then again may not.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Ratish said:
Hi,

Thanks for the reply.
She has 5yr multiple entry visa valid until April 2013.
Why not apply for an extension instead of leaving for the US and then coming back after 3 days? Anyway, first hand knowledge, returning too soon after visiting for 6 months- given a month to stay (not from the US). Might work differently with your Mom, though.

Ratish

Jun 1, 2009
I intend to apply for her immigration after 7 months on compassionate grounds. Would applying for her extension leave a negative impact on her records when we apply for her immigration?

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Ratish said:
I intend to apply for her immigration after 7 months on compassionate grounds. Would applying for her extension leave a negative impact on her records when we apply for her immigration?
Why should it? Is she the last remaining relative? The officers are human too and if you feel there are compelling reasons to apply on H&C grounds, the more you would want her to be here in Canada with you/

mylota

Mar 16, 2010
@poster

Its best she stays up to a month in the US before returning. It will be immediately clear what she is doing if she trys what you are suggesting

senal

Jun 5, 2014
i am from sri lanka i have both canadian and america visa after 6 months stay in canada should i go back to my home country and how long should i stay there if i want to come back or i could stay in america but how long should i stay before returning to canada