+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Moving to Quebec

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
I have my permanent resident visa under federal skilled workers. I was planning to go to Winnipeg, but may have a change of circumstances and might have to live in Quebec for a year or so in order to commute to New York every week. I understand I cannot land in Quebec, but will I encounter any difficulty in moving there once landed?

Thanks!

Egyman

Star Member
Feb 7, 2007
Of course no problem if you land in another province and them move to Quebec. Moreover I knew some friends who applied for federal skilled workers (Toronto for example) and then they landed in Quebec !!
What they did is that they gave an address in toronto while making the landing in QC.

jimberan

Mar 23, 2007
It is possible to gain employment in Quebec if you do not speak any French? Or do you really have to be bi lingual?

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
It is not easy to find employment w/o speaking French. There are some Anglophone institutions in Montreal, like McGill and Concordia Universities, but even there most positions require biligual ability. My guess is that only very low skill low-pay jobs are available to non-French speakers in the "regular labour market." It is also difficult to find work with the federal government in Ottawa if you are not bilingual.