+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Moving to Montreal from another province

Ross2019CA

Apr 4, 2019
Hi
I am moving to Montreal from NB, I got my permanent residence 1 year ago (PNP), I know that I can move if I want to another province, but I am not sure if I need to do any process to move to Quebec.
My big issue is french, I was reading in the inmigration webiste that permanent residents can take french lesson for free.
Has anyone moved to Quebec from another province and taking this classes? Can anyone share their experience?

Thanks

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Hi
I am moving to Montreal from NB, I got my permanent residence 1 year ago (PNP), I know that I can move if I want to another province, but I am not sure if I need to do any process to move to Quebec.
My big issue is french, I was reading in the inmigration webiste that permanent residents can take french lesson for free.
Has anyone moved to Quebec from another province and taking this classes? Can anyone share their experience?

Thanks
Most of the immigrants want to move out of Quebec. If you are in IT you can survive without French. Quebec is a prehistoric province and I guess without a well off job your move may not payoff.

As to learning french yes it's free. As you are PR you have full mobility rights here but more experienced members can shed more light on it.

I am on wp and am applying for jobs in other provinces. As soon as I land with any basic pay job I am out of this xenophobic environment.

Ross2019CA

Apr 4, 2019
Most of the immigrants want to move out of Quebec. If you are in IT you can survive without French. Quebec is a prehistoric province and I guess without a well off job your move may not payoff.

As to learning french yes it's free. As you are PR you have full mobility rights here but more experienced members can shed more light on it.

I am on wp and am applying for jobs in other provinces. As soon as I land with any basic pay job I am out of this xenophobic environment.

Thanks for your reply.
My main reason to go there is learning french, I want be there for 7months-1 year aprox. And if i like it, I will stay there. I am not really sure where I will settle down for good.
Thanks for sharing your experience with me.

Kishu08

Apr 1, 2021
Thanks for your reply.
My main reason to go there is learning french, I want be there for 7months-1 year aprox. And if i like it, I will stay there. I am not really sure where I will settle down for good.
Thanks for sharing your experience with me.
Hi, it's been years since you posted. Did you eventually leave NB and did you have any issues getting citizenship?