NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-06-2020
AOR Received.
18-06-2020
Passport Req..
19-11-2020
Hi,

We did our softlanding last year and we were not given any goods to follow list. We returned to usa and later tried for PR cards by using our friends address and got those to our hands.

Earlier this year we had a flight emergency from dubai to chicago and we were routed to winnipeg, and when we landed there we scanned our PR cards since legally we are permanant residents, and it allowed us.

Now we are moving to canada permanantly with my car as well, so my question is would there be any issue about not having GTF but already used my PR card to enter canada but moving now? I was never given a GTF form so I am thinking it should be okay, please advise, thanks.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Hi,

We did our softlanding last year and we were not given any goods to follow list. We returned to usa and later tried for PR cards by using our friends address and got those to our hands.

Earlier this year we had a flight emergency from dubai to chicago and we were routed to winnipeg, and when we landed there we scanned our PR cards since legally we are permanant residents, and it allowed us.

Now we are moving to canada permanantly with my car as well, so my question is would there be any issue about not having GTF but already used my PR card to enter canada but moving now? I was never given a GTF form so I am thinking it should be okay, please advise, thanks.
What is GTF? I do not know.

Also what was the flight emergency? Sound like a life experience you should share.

IMHO, you should be fine entering Canada on PR cards. I will be anxious if they ask, "So, Miss Sowsiv, do you still live at 420 Friends Lane, Friendshipcouver"?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Also what was the flight emergency? Sound like a life experience you should share.

IMHO, you should be fine entering Canada on PR cards. I will be anxious if they ask, "So, Miss Sowsiv, do you still live at 420 Friends Lane, Friendshipcouver"?
GTF is often short for the BS186 and BS186A forms.

sowsiv

Star Member
Nov 30, 2020
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-06-2020
AOR Received.
18-06-2020
Passport Req..
19-11-2020

sure yes, GTF stands for goods to follow list which are BSF186 forms where we write what we are bringing inside canada when we are making permanant move.

And regarding flight emergency, here is what I could find https://simpleflying.com/emirates-777-300er-winnipeg/

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Hi,

Yes, you can move whenever you want after landing. But while you are moving you can let the cbsa people know that you weren't given GTF while you have done soft landing. I vaguely remember GTF form wasn't given to most people who soft landed during last 2year period. But you might be asked for the items that you bought after your landing. If possible keep a list of those major items that you had before your softlanding. Even if you had bought anything later you can include them in to previous list, not an issue . They are very much liberal but not that strict. Better include jewellery and take pictures of it with their value as well(most of them forget this, we did forget and do not have clue how much is each worth). In my case , while we moved with our stuff(we already had filled GTF during landing) i was given a stamp as "PR" on my passport. Before the move, i have travelled twice but wasn't given the stamp. Thats how i confirmed that i have officially made the move if that helps.

Reactions: sowsiv

sowsiv

Star Member
Nov 30, 2020
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-06-2020
AOR Received.
18-06-2020
Passport Req..
19-11-2020
Yes, you can move whenever you want after landing. But while you are moving you can let the cbsa people know that you weren't given GTF while you have done soft landing. I vaguely remember GTF form wasn't given to most people who soft landed during last 2year period. But you might be asked for the items that you bought after your landing. If possible keep a list of those major items that you had before your softlanding. Even if you had bought anything later you can include them in to previous list, not an issue . They are very much liberal but not that strict. Better include jewellery and take pictures of it with their value as well(most of them forget this, we did forget and do not have clue how much is each worth). In my case , while we moved with our stuff(we already had filled GTF during landing) i was given a stamp as "PR" on my passport. Before the move, i have travelled twice but wasn't given the stamp. Thats how i confirmed that i have officially made the move if that helps.
thank you, so I am planning to take a GTF with the new list of items I am taking as part of this move and hopefully everything would be fine. Did you import your vehicle too when you are moving?

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
thank you, so I am planning to take a GTF with the new list of items I am taking as part of this move and hopefully everything would be fine. Did you import your vehicle too when you are moving?
No, i haven't imported my vehicle. I have moved 2years ago.(i have given the reference for you at the end of my previous reply)

Reactions: sowsiv