+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Moving to Canada with a leased car

bigBadWolf

Mar 29, 2018
Hello! Here is my complicated situation, just curious if anyone can help. I currently work in the US with H1B visa, and will soon move to Canada once I get the PR there. Problem is that I have a US leased car with 2 years left. I don't want to keep this car but to return it once the lease term ends. The question is whether I can keep driving it with the US license plate going across the border on a daily basis. I have a US address and will work in the US full time and possibly live in the US for 1 to 2 days per week. Any comments or suggestions will be appreciated!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello! Here is my complicated situation, just curious if anyone can help. I currently work in the US with H1B visa, and will soon move to Canada once I get the PR there. Problem is that I have a US leased car with 2 years left. I don't want to keep this car but to return it once the lease term ends. The question is whether I can keep driving it with the US license plate going across the border on a daily basis. I have a US address and will work in the US full time and possibly live in the US for 1 to 2 days per week. Any comments or suggestions will be appreciated!
You need permission from the company you leased the car from to bring it into Canada.

https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/248/~/taking-/-bringing-a-car-/-vehicle-into-or-out-of-the-u.s.-that-belongs-to-a