+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Moving to another province

Kyle_Steve

Star Member
May 7, 2016
hi guys
I applied to Quebec in 2011 when it was a paper-based application procedure, and I just got the PR from federal almost after 11 years processing (CSQ+Federal) in 2021. At that time in 2011, I was much enthusiastic to settle in Quebec but now my situation has changed. I just don't want to settle in Quebec now.

The paper-based application that I submitted has Q18

"18. In which city or region of Québec do you plan to live?"
To which I replied "Montreal".

Then there was a form that was included in application
"Declaration on the common values of Québec society (included in the Application for Selection Certificate (A-0520-AA)"
It stated that
"I DECLARE that I wish to live in Québec within the framework of and abiding by its common values, and that I want to learn French, if I do not speak it already." and was definitely signed by me and my spouse.

So the question is,
How long I need to stay in Quebec (out of 3 years) after my landing as PR. Some sites say, it should be at least 4 months while others advocate 2 years at minimum. and if I move to another province after my landing, will this affect by PR status and citizen application after 3 years.

Thank you

Sanjar718

Apr 4, 2019
Montreal
Category........
QSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-08-2021
hi guys
I applied to Quebec in 2011 when it was a paper-based application procedure, and I just got the PR from federal almost after 11 years processing (CSQ+Federal) in 2021. At that time in 2011, I was much enthusiastic to settle in Quebec but now my situation has changed. I just don't want to settle in Quebec now.

"Declaration on the common values of Québec society (included in the Application for Selection Certificate (A-0520-AA)"
It stated that
"I DECLARE that I wish to live in Québec within the framework of and abiding by its common values, and that I want to learn French, if I do not speak it already." and was definitely signed by me and my spouse.

So the question is,
How long I need to stay in Quebec (out of 3 years) after my landing as PR. Some sites say, it should be at least 4 months while others advocate 2 years at minimum. and if I move to another province after my landing, will this affect by PR status and citizen application after 3 years.

Thank you
OMG you had a loooong journey. Respect!
I think the safest option if you stay at least a year.

citizenshipcanada

Sep 1, 2011
hi guys

It stated that

So the question is,

Thank you
Yes, you can. As a permanent resident, you have the right to live, work or study anywhere in Canada. However, if you became a permanent resident through the Provincial Nominee Program, the province that nominated you has chosen you to bring skills to their province which i dont think is your case .

Kyle_Steve

Star Member
May 7, 2016
Yes, you can. As a permanent resident, you have the right to live, work or study anywhere in Canada. However, if you became a permanent resident through the Provincial Nominee Program, the province that nominated you has chosen you to bring skills to their province which i dont think is your case .
I am a Quebec Skilled Worker Class. So it would be applicable on me.

mdarouni

Jan 9, 2023
I am a Quebec Skilled Worker Class. So it would be applicable on me.
i had the same experience like you waiting long time to get Quebec Skilled Worker visa approved, after 8-9 years of waiting my work experience was totally different now and family status was totally different (i was single but not i have family of 4) not to mention that even the lack of practice of French language made it worse now! so when i landed in Montreal i had to leave after to finalize all papers and things back home but while waiting i was applying for jobs for 6 months but none of them accepted me to come to Montreal and i think they have this problem especially that they need or ask for Canadian experience! (still donno why)
then after 6 months of applying i had a single opportunity to move to Toronto within my company (internal move) so i couldn't refuse and stay looking for jobs in Montreal.
now i live in Toronto since 5 months and working to get the canadian experience at least but still applying for jobs in montreal and still nobody accepted to interview me even!!
asking some friends in canada if they had such issues and all of them said once you have the PR card issued in hand you have no problem at all even though you were selected by another province since you have a family to provide and having no job in a place will definitely push you to another province and you have the right to move!!
i am looking to see an advice from a person who had similar experience yet he got the citizenship with no problems at all ???