+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Moving out of Nomination Provence

sue

Apr 21, 2007
Hi I will be landing in Montreal next month, if I am getting work by another provence can I move there straight away after landing or do I have to stay there I was accepted under the investment catagory

Chinaconnection

Star Member
Dec 9, 2008
Hello Sue,

I don't think it will be right to move right away, if the Government realises you took quebec as a gateway to Canada, they will put an eye on you. So and you may lose your PR, it would be bertter if you stay there for a while especially after you get your PR card, when you move and they ask you , then you will give the excuse that jobs weren't coming your way and you had one in a different province,tht's why you left the province of Quebec.

This is just my own reasoning,Wait for someone to throw more light.

Good luck

jarla

Star Member
Feb 4, 2009
Hi Sue,

I agree with chinaconnection. I read it in MPNP kits that you have to stay atleast 3 years to the province that nominated you. I guess all the provinces have the same policies...since they are all from Canada.

Hope this will help.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Not all provinces have the same rules, most just make you sign a statement saying that you intend to settle in that province. This is the first I've heard of one having a set time (3 years) that you have to stay after landing which may not even be legal unless you have some kind of conditional PR status. There is also a federal law in Canada stating the right of PR's to live and work in any province they choose.

I still say if you are doing a PNP, abide by what you've agreed to and signed for. If those terms are unacceptable to you, then don't agree to them, instead do a different PNP or find a federal program to immigrate. I would advise to stay in the province of PNP for a while even if you did not have to agree on a certain time. They may never go after you if you leave and in the case they do, they might not be able to do anything to you in the end but they could cause you a lot of stress and headaches so it's better that you can say that you attempted to settle there at least.

sue

Apr 21, 2007
Thank you guys,

I plan to stay at least 4 weeks and apply for jobs if i dont have any luck then I will move out of provence as i will have to pay bills and have afamily also and with no income coming in it will be a bad situation for all of us. Also my son will find it hard due to a stree rataled illness he is only 10

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Then maybe you should consider landing ahead of your family so you can look for a job and get housing set up for them before they move. Might be less stress for your son to move once even if he might be apart from you for a month that to move with you to Montreal and then move again when you find a job.

sue

Apr 21, 2007
i am not prepared to leave my family behind like some people why have kids if you cant look after them and be with them

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Of course it's up to you to decide which is less stressful for your son. If he had for example grandparents he could stay with, it might be less stressful for him than to go with you on the job hunt and moving from place to place.

C

cchabert

This is in my case under AINP (Alberta Immigration Nominee Program)

Well let said that you got your PR by AINP and land in Alberta and the very next day you move to Toronto, you'll need your social security card and that will come with Toronto address, then you need to paid your taxes and those will come with Toronto address and your PR card will have a Toronto address, when you receive your AINP it comes with PN Status Update form and this one you need to Fax it back to the immigration officer in Alberta, the updates are:

- Date PN landed
- Current resident and mailing address
- Current telephone number
- Current e-mail address

Also at the end of the nomination letter from the officer said:

"You will contacted to complete a questionnaire once you become PR"

Hope this helps

Cheers!

sue

Apr 21, 2007
what if i have an address in Montreal and that is on my PR card and the rest i register in toronto

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Your PR card doesn't actually have an address but it does have the city you landed. You will not get your PR card until 4-6 weeks after you land so it will be mailed to the address you gave when you landed unless you update your address with CIC.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Quebec is not like a normal province, they are more independent.