+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Moving from USA to Canada during COVID-19. Mandatory quarantine / AIRBNB / OHIP

EndGame_12345

Feb 19, 2019
Hello,

I am a landed PR and currently on H1B in USA. I am planning to move to CAN around June beginning. Assuming the current restrictions at the land border and in general continue to exist in June , I have the following question if anyone can help -

1. I know I will have to prove that I will maintain strict quarantine for 14 days once I enter CAN. How does one prove this at the land border ? Any experience? Can I just show a plan with my residence address, goods I am carrying along (to prove I will not need everything to setup), how and from where i will order essentials online OR through friends living in canada (without actually getting into contact with them) be enough. Do they ask for anything else ?

2. Regarding residence. I have explored Airbnb and I can see vacancies. However, I do not know if I can book one for 15-20 days during this period and show it as my residence

3. Can I get accommodation on lease from USA ?

4. I got to know that OHIP cards are being issued instantly nowadays. If this is correct, I believe AIRBNB will not work as that will not prove my residence. I will have to go with the lease option. Is this correct ?

5. Did anybody get any success with importing vehicle during this time ? I have a car which I would like to import.

Would appreciate if experts can pitch in with suggestions !

ArpitaMathur

Star Member
Jul 8, 2020
Hello,

I am a landed PR and currently on H1B in USA. I am planning to move to CAN around June beginning. Assuming the current restrictions at the land border and in general continue to exist in June , I have the following question if anyone can help -

1. I know I will have to prove that I will maintain strict quarantine for 14 days once I enter CAN. How does one prove this at the land border ? Any experience? Can I just show a plan with my residence address, goods I am carrying along (to prove I will not need everything to setup), how and from where i will order essentials online OR through friends living in canada (without actually getting into contact with them) be enough. Do they ask for anything else ?

2. Regarding residence. I have explored Airbnb and I can see vacancies. However, I do not know if I can book one for 15-20 days during this period and show it as my residence

3. Can I get accommodation on lease from USA ?

4. I got to know that OHIP cards are being issued instantly nowadays. If this is correct, I believe AIRBNB will not work as that will not prove my residence. I will have to go with the lease option. Is this correct ?

5. Did anybody get any success with importing vehicle during this time ? I have a car which I would like to import.

Would appreciate if experts can pitch in with suggestions !
Hey,
Can you please share your experience if you already have moved to canada, that would be helpful. I am in the same boat.