+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Moving from Quebec to Ontario shorty after PR

asaci

Dec 27, 2017
Hey everyone,

I am seeking some advice. My wife got has just got her PR through the family sponsorship program with a CSQ, as I was living in Quebec. Next month, we will move to Ontario because I got a new job.

Wondering if anyone has insights on moving provinces shortly after getting PR (with a CSQ) and how it might affect future citizenship applications? Will this move be an issue when it’s time for her to apply for citizenship, given our short stay in Quebec?

Appreciate any guidance or personal experiences you can share!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hey everyone,

I am seeking some advice. My wife got has just got her PR through the family sponsorship program with a CSQ, as I was living in Quebec. Next month, we will move to Ontario because I got a new job.

Wondering if anyone has insights on moving provinces shortly after getting PR (with a CSQ) and how it might affect future citizenship applications? Will this move be an issue when it’s time for her to apply for citizenship, given our short stay in Quebec?

No impact.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hey everyone,

If she has not applied for RAMQ she shouldn’t since she will lot meet the residency requirements and should apply for OHiP once she gets to Ontario. I would suggest getting emergency travel medical coverage until she gets OHIP. No impact on citizenship as always mentioned.