+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

moroccans married to divorced canadian women pay attention to this .

M

med

The ambiguity i have stem from this section Sponsorship Evaluation [IMM 5481]under the heading /number of family members and persons included inundertakings ineffect or not yet in effect /we find quetions 6a and 6b”Every other family number not included above and dependent on u financially , whether they are living with u or not “: so can you tell me in my case how would i anwser to this question . am married to a canadian woman and she is my sponsor too she has three kids the oldest is 17 and the youngets is 6 all of them are canadian citizens and living with her , so can we consider them financially dependent oh her and put number three in the anwser to 6b or can we put 0 since she is not undertaking them? , plz help me and what abt 6a an 7 ? i would be so grateful to to anyone who can help in this it is really draining my mind have been reading it over and over but cant get it . thanks

boujasim

Nov 12, 2008
yup,if they live with her and none of them are above 21 then you should add them coz they are your wife's dependents. so they are 3 + you=4

you should put "3" in question 6b

M

med

but it looks like she is gonna undertake 4 people while its only me ? thanks boujasem so much for ur reply

AMB

Star Member
Nov 19, 2008
Yes, you should put "3" in 6B of page 1 of the Sponsor Evaluation, and list them under 6B of page 2 on the same form.

It doesn't matter- it would only matter if your wife was sponsoring her parents or grandparents, because then the total number in the undertaking would have to match up with the minimum necessary income, but since there are no financial requirements (besides not being on social assistance etc) to sponsor a spouse, listing the children is more of a formality.

AMB

Star Member
Nov 19, 2008
Not unless you have specific questions about other parts of the application.

Don't worry that you need to list the kids- many of the questions are just formalities, because as I mentioned you and your wife are exempt from meeting a lot of the requirements because you're married, and it's her right to be re-united with her spouse.
I would focus mostly on the sponsored spouse questionnaire, because that's where you need to most of the work in terms of proving your relationship and coming up with documents, pictures, etc.