+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

HFL2018

Star Member
Oct 17, 2018
Canada
AOR Received.
17-09-2018
My application went to ip2 last Tuesday...but no update since then....I had just called cic...agent said my application is approved but I need to wait until I get a email/mail for the landing interview....

Aor: Aug 10th
FSW-Inland
Congratulations! That was fast for Montreal..Is your file in Montreal based on review required? And you are FSW - Inland, how did you know your file moved to IP2. Thought it was always on IP2 for inland applicants from the first month.
Sorry for asking so many questions at the same time.

Reactions: cad143

cad143

Oct 11, 2016
Hi guys,

I've a question. I logged into CIC portal today and my Current status read as " Application/Profile Updated". I didn't see any updates under the application status though. Then I refresh the website after 5 mins and the status went back to "Submitted". Is this what a ghost update is or is it just a system glitch? Appreciate your response.

AOR -July 24th,
FSW-Inland

Thanks,
Gautham
Yes, this is a ghost update. After I read your post, I got tempted to check my account again (been checking it since this morning, lol) FSW-Inland here too, August 6 AOR. Hope you get your PPR soon :)

Reactions: gv58 and HFL2018

HFL2018

Star Member
Oct 17, 2018
Canada
AOR Received.
17-09-2018
Hi guys,

I've a question. I logged into CIC portal today and my Current status read as " Application/Profile Updated". I didn't see any updates under the application status though. Then I refresh the website after 5 mins and the status went back to "Submitted". Is this what a ghost update is or is it just a system glitch? Appreciate your response.

AOR -July 24th,
FSW-Inland

Thanks,
Gautham

If there are no changes on your web page but it showed updated and then submitted when you log back on, then that is famous ‘ghost’ update.

cad143

Oct 11, 2016
Congratulations! That was fast for Montreal..Is your file in Montreal based on review required? And you are FSW - Inland, how did you know your file moved to IP2. Thought it was always on IP2 for inland applicants from the first month.
Hi Rooneysanket and HFL2018. Are you both Inland applicants as well?

Rooney- Congratulations on the approval! I have been trying to CIC but never got through. What number did you call? I am so happy for you!
Same question with HFL2018, mine also moved to IP2 after medicals were approved last August.

rooneysanket

Nov 7, 2018
So I am FSW-Inland and yes my file is in Montreal....My background check was always showing as "Your application is in progress we will let you know when we we start you background check" this to my knowledge is IP1.

Last tuesday my application was updated and when i checked, the background check section we to "We are processing your background check" which means it went to IP2....

As per trend I expected to get PPR in day or two after this update but I did not get any, so I called the CIC today and found out from agent that my file is approved but I need to wait until I get a landing interview letter

rooneysanket

Nov 7, 2018
Hi Rooneysanket and HFL2018. Are you both Inland applicants as well?

Rooney- Congratulations on the approval! I have been trying to CIC but never got through. What number did you call? I am so happy for you!
Same question with HFL2018, mine also moved to IP2 after medicals were approved last August.
You can call on 888-242-2100
Quickest dialling option - 1, 2, 0

Adeife23

Oct 26, 2018
Oh..I need help
my profile has just been "updated" and my background check is now "not applicable" what is this ?... does this mean I'll move to Ip2? @cansha @Adeife23 @tobs
Hello
I'm not sure about the not applicable bit for BGC but I know what we call IP2 is "we are processing your background check"
It may just be a technical glitch and PPR may be near for you

M_A

Oct 1, 2018
Outland
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
AOR Received.
July 30,2018
Med's Done....
August 21,2018
Hello
I'm not sure about the not applicable bit for BGC but I know what we call IP2 is "we are processing your background check"
It may just be a technical glitch and PPR may be near for you
You know..do U remember even before going to IP1 , the background check turns first to "not applicable" then to "ur application is in progress ..we will send U a msg when...."
Anyways um glad there is a movement with my profile..wish me luck

Reactions: cad143 and Adeife23

Adeife23

Oct 26, 2018
Finally my online portal has changed to approved. Fedex tracker not activated yet

I sent on the 13th of Feb
Based on Fedex tracker it was received by IRCC Feb 14th
Call centre agent said it was on paper that it was received 21st‍♀
Online portal change to approved on the 28th

Reactions: cansha and cad143

Adeife23

Oct 26, 2018
You know..do U remember even before going to IP1 , the background check turns first to "not applicable" then to "ur application is in progress ..we will send U a msg when...."
Anyways um glad there is a movement with my profile..wish me luck

Yeah, just keep checking. I guess PPR will be knocking on your door soon lol

Reactions: M_A

cad143

Oct 11, 2016
Finally my online portal has changed to approved. Fedex tracker not activated yet

I sent on the 13th of Feb
Based on Fedex tracker it was received by IRCC Feb 14th
Call centre agent said it was on paper that it was received 21st‍♀
Online portal change to approved on the 28th
Congratulations!!! :)

Reactions: HFL2018

deq

Jan 9, 2019
Just got my GCMS notes I ordered a month ago.

This is so frustrating :(, no one has touched my file for months except for the case analyst in late August. I moved to IP2 on February 1st (after I ordered the notes) and no movement since then... I'm in for the long wait, bummer.