+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

mississauga office - time line

aryana

Mar 28, 2011
We received your application on April 16, 2010.
We started processing your application on January 17, 2011.
Your file was transferred to the Mississauga, Citizenship & Immigration office on February 2, 2011.
We sent you a notice on February 24, 2011 to xxx abc rd,to appear and write the citizenship test on March 18, 2011.
We sent you a letter on May 6, 2011 to xxx abc rd, for additional information

Can anyone say what will be the time frame to get an update of the next step?

haider110

Oct 6, 2011
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 26, 2010.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called A Look at Canada on March 26, 2010. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on December 23, 2010.

Your file was transferred to the Mississauga CIC office on January 17, 2011. The Mississauga CIC office will contact you if additional information is required. The Mississauga CIC office will contact you regarding your citizenship test once all the necessary checks on your file are complete.

We sent you a notice on February 17, 2011 to XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX to appear and write the citizenship test on March 10, 2011..

That's it ..... No news since than :)

IBM

Star Member
Feb 10, 2010
Hello All,

My application time line is as follows.

We started processing your application on October 5, 2011.
Your file was transferred to the Mississauga CIC office on October 26, 2011. The Mississauga CIC office will contact you if additional information is required. The Mississauga CIC office will contact you regarding your citizenship test once all the necessary checks on your file are complete.
-
I am waiting for the test notification. Is there anyone with same timeline or dates?

Thank you all,
IBM.

IBM

Star Member
Feb 10, 2010
Hello All,

I am still waiting for my test notification.

I became Canadian PR in 2004 and moved to Canada permanently 2007. I have renewed my PR card in 2009 as PR card was expired.

At that time CIC asked all my passport pages and other proofs. I have provided all proofs including health card (doctor visit), letter from my son's school etc..(Thanks to this forum members) .CIC has renewed my PR card after long wait more than 9 months.

So based on above update, will CIC/local office ask again for all proofs or give me RQ?

Any thoughts?

Thanks you all.

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
Hello Aryana,

Any explanation or theories on why you got an RQ ? Did you travel too much in last few years or not send enough info with citizenship application package ? I am trying to understand what you think may be reason they gave you RQ ?

Your comments would be useful... Thanks in advance !

aryana

Mar 28, 2011
I had a valid US visa during my stay in canada (i.e. the other than the absent days). We said to the interviewer that we were earning income and paying taxes in canada and had brought all relevent proofs there to show. But she said we will get a seperate letter and we got RQ.

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
Thanks for response Aryana,

I guess it is/was an employment visa thro a US company ? NOT a tourist visa (B1/B2) to pass thro - yes ? Sounds like your wife also has/had a similar employment visa ?

So am I correct in my interpretation? ----> what you are saying is that you used the US visa to occasionally travel to the US to carry out work there ? OR was the work done here? - either remotely or otherwise and you just went to US sometimes, for example, for important meetings or to make presentations or meet your company client when your physical presence was absolutely essential?

Thanks for your useful insights !

aryana

Mar 28, 2011
it was a work visa. I was working from my home and visiting US few times (all visits were shown in my absent lists). i was paid here in canada and working from my home office. as i mentioned i was prepared for the questions and was having all my income proofs along with my tax remittance to cra. but they did not check those right there instead asked for a RQ. guess now have o wait until i hear back.

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
Thanks Aryana, also...

When you originally put together your original citizenship application package, did you include a lot of extra and strong supporting documentation (which means you had a big/thick application package with lots of notarized or just photocopies of this extra proof and that extra proof)

OR

did you just include what is asked for as part of the standard citizenship application ?

kingmaker

Star Member
Feb 21, 2008
I submitted the citizenship application on Sep 2011... Still shows"RECEIVED"......Any other member with similar timeline for Mississauga....
King Maker

aryana

Mar 28, 2011
my application was submitted as a standard canadian citizenship application. After I wrote the test and got a letter for RQ I sent out a package weighing 2kg and not heard since May 2011. It is very frustrating as there is no way to find any kind of uodates. Does someone know other than the 1-800 number is there any place we can write to, to know the status of our application?

haider110

Oct 6, 2011
Still waiting for my OATH :-(
haider110 said:
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 26, 2010.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called A Look at Canada on March 26, 2010. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on December 23, 2010.

Your file was transferred to the Mississauga CIC office on January 17, 2011. The Mississauga CIC office will contact you if additional information is required. The Mississauga CIC office will contact you regarding your citizenship test once all the necessary checks on your file are complete.

We sent you a notice on February 17, 2011 to XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX to appear and write the citizenship test on March 10, 2011..

That's it ..... No news since than :)