+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Missing "conditions" section on visa student

z0ng0

Oct 18, 2016
Hi everyone !

I'm looking for advices/help on this subject...

My girlfriend applied for a study visa, few months ago, and she got it. So far, so good.

When she got the paper, the "Condition" section was missing (you know, this part indicating that you can't work for more than 20hrs/week, be a stripper or take care of kids), but it wasn't a problem, according to the custom agent. Truth is, she's not able to have her SIN number because of that.

But the visa was granted.

She sent an application to modify this, because she needs her SIN number ASAP. A month later, we received the whole file back because she forgot to put the letter of acceptance of the university she goes (her mistake, but still... this is _really_ stupid, her visa was delivered based on this letter). Another month later -yesterday, we received... nothing. When we call the immigration services, they say : if you have nothing in 3 months, call us back.

Due to this, she extremely seriously plans to go back to her country... and as you can imagine, I want to do everything I can to prevent that. If anyone has an idea, an advice to make things move or to have a SIN number, please help up.

Btw, she has a SIN number from 6 months ago (from her WHV). Can she use it to work ? I mean her visa is ok, appart this "conditions" section...