+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Missed the deadline for Passport submission for Visa Issuance

Oct 22, 2011
Hi!! Folks,

I missed the deadline to submit my passport for visa issuance due to not checking my emails on regular basis. I was expecting a printed letter sent to my home address for any communication. But for some reason CIC Buffalo did not sent the letter but emailed on Aug 5th.

I was searching through the old emails and found CIC Buffalo email about Oct 1st as deadline.

Not that I have missed the deadline, I did email/fax and sent letter for another request to extend the deadline date for submitting the passport but did not receive any further response.

Did anybody experienced the same issue???

Are they going to consider my request?

By the way I am an AINP applicant and now have completed medicals and passport request been done, which i missed the deadline for submitting the passport.

okwama2002

Star Member
Mar 6, 2011
Send in your passport with the e-mail. they will give u the visa. Try to communicate with them while the passport is enroute to the embassy. If u wait for their reply u might wait for a month.
goodluck

Highlander

Jun 21, 2009
I had similar situation when i overpaid my fees at CIC application and they rejected it, by that time my nomination expired and i sent the request for extension using their standard form. They just sent me letter saying 'We will not extend the nomination'....all the best !!!

kmacja

Jan 23, 2016
sacred_serenity said:
Hi!! Folks,

I missed the deadline to submit my passport for visa issuance due to not checking my emails on regular basis. I was expecting a printed letter sent to my home address for any communication. But for some reason CIC Buffalo did not sent the letter but emailed on Aug 5th.

I was searching through the old emails and found CIC Buffalo email about Oct 1st as deadline.

Not that I have missed the deadline, I did email/fax and sent letter for another request to extend the deadline date for submitting the passport but did not receive any further response.

Did you receive visa?

By the way I am an AINP applicant and now have completed medicals and passport request been done, which i missed the deadline for submitting the passport.

tsubasa321

Jun 8, 2017
Hi!! Folks,

Did you get your PR eventually? I have the exact same situation. Received final request in March but just noticed it today.
The CIC account still didn't change.

Please Reply! Urgent!

Thanks a lot

Reactions: ANISH K

Chuyinz

Jul 11, 2017
Did you get your PR eventually? I have the exact same situation. Received final request in March but just noticed it today.
The CIC account still didn't change.

Please Reply! Urgent!

Thanks a lot
Hi, can I ask what happen then to your passport submission? I missed my deadline on July 7, now it's 11. I missed it because I didn't check my emails, i just found it from my spam. I wonder what happen to your passport . Pls help

Reactions: ANISH K

ANISH K

Aug 25, 2016
Im in same sititution
Im affraid they dont reject my application
hi,
How did you proceed in your case?
did they accept the application?

I am now in the similar situation, as I missed the deadline to submit passport & photos to VFS.

aichilatiao

Nov 18, 2017
Did any of you who mentioned facing the same situation above get any update? I'm facing the same situation now. I'm also quite worried.

shaminadeeb

Jul 24, 2017
They took the passport and issued the visa. The lawyer did not get the email which they should have even if mine had gone to spam.