+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Minister's Consent

fratguy

Sep 14, 2005
Hi All,

Here's the deal... I had filed a refugee claim in Canada when I entered through the US border back in 2003 and my claim was denied. So automatically, the removal order went into effect. I've just applied for a Pre-Removal Risk Assessment and awaiting the outcome. I've also filed under the skilled worker category in Islamabad and with the HRDC valid opinion, should have 94 points. Now my question is that, let's say that my PRRA claim is rejected and I buy my own tickets and leave Canada, will I need a Minister's Consent to re-enter once my skilled worker case is approved? How difficult is it to obtain one? What's the average processing time to obtain the permit?

Thanks!

nick

Mar 2, 2006
fratguy said:
C'mon, there has to be someone with some knowledge on this issue. Help me out here guys.
if your prra gets deny.you ll need a minister consent or permit to return back to canada and ll take about 2 to 3 months and is not eazy

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

nick said:
fratguy said:
C'mon, there has to be someone with some knowledge on this issue. Help me out here guys.
if your prra gets deny.you ll need a minister consent or permit to return back to canada and ll take about 2 to 3 months and is not eazy
You have to factor in the 51-63 months to process an application in Islamabad, so he won't be here very soon, the Minister's consent, if given, will not slow the application that much. There is no guarantee that it will be given.

PMM