+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MexicoCity Visa Office timelines & updates -Family Sponsor sheet-

jmsd2017

Star Member
Jul 4, 2017
Hello, I would like us to work on a spreed sheet for anyone applying for PR, either from withing or outside Canada.

It would be really helpful if you decide to be part of it, even if your application has already been processed or its still being worked on. We are looking for applications that where sent to the Visa Office in Mexico, for example if you summit your application to Mississauga and then this was sent to the VO in Mexico.

Copy and paste this in a reply to this thread with the following information so I can add it to the document .

Visa Office (VO) / Processing Centre: where you sent your application.
Application sent (DD/MM/YYYY): date
Application received (dd/mm/yyyy) : date
AOR1 (dd/mm/yyyy): date
Application linked to online account successfully OR Application Returned:
Sponsorship Approval (SA) (dd/mm/yyyy) :
Application Transferred to PA Visa Office?:
sent to mexico city visa office.
ECAS Permanent Residence Application Status 'In Process' (dd/mm/yyyy):
AOR2 or 3rd line (dd/mm/yyyy) :
Medical Status:
Medical Exam Done (dd/mm/yyyy):
Medical Exam Passed (dd/mm/yyyy) :
Background Check In Progress (dd/mm/yyyy) :
Decision Made (DM) (dd/mm/yyyy) :
Passport Request (PPR) (dd/mm/yyyy) :
PPR Passport received with stamped Visa/COPR [Confirmation of Permanent Residence](dd/mm/yyyy):
LANDED (dd/mm/yyyy) :
Additional documents requested:
it can be Photograph, Schedule A and PCC (police check)
Interview : yes or no
NOTES: Canadian citizen sponsoring Dominican wife for example.

You dont need to fill up all the questions if they dont apply to you, you can leave them in blank.

Im looking forwards for working on this, good luck guys and have a nice day.

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017 (AOR 1); 26-05-2017 (AOR2)
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
Hello, I would like us to work on a spreed sheet for anyone applying for PR, either from withing or outside Canada.

It would be really helpful if you decide to be part of it, even if your application has already been processed or its still being worked on. We are looking for applications that where sent to the Visa Office in Mexico, for example if you summit your application to Mississauga and then this was sent to the VO in Mexico.

Copy and paste this in a reply to this thread with the following information so I can add it to the document .

Visa Office (VO) / Processing Centre: where you sent your application.
Application sent (DD/MM/YYYY): date
Application received (dd/mm/yyyy) : date
AOR1 (dd/mm/yyyy): date
Application linked to online account successfully OR Application Returned:
Sponsorship Approval (SA) (dd/mm/yyyy) :
Application Transferred to PA Visa Office?:
sent to mexico city visa office.
ECAS Permanent Residence Application Status 'In Process' (dd/mm/yyyy):
AOR2 or 3rd line (dd/mm/yyyy) :
Medical Status:
Medical Exam Done (dd/mm/yyyy):
Medical Exam Passed (dd/mm/yyyy) :
Background Check In Progress (dd/mm/yyyy) :
Decision Made (DM) (dd/mm/yyyy) :
Passport Request (PPR) (dd/mm/yyyy) :
PPR Passport received with stamped Visa/COPR [Confirmation of Permanent Residence](dd/mm/yyyy):
LANDED (dd/mm/yyyy) :
Additional documents requested:
it can be Photograph, Schedule A and PCC (police check)
Interview : yes or no
NOTES: Canadian citizen sponsoring Dominican wife for example.

You dont need to fill up all the questions if they dont apply to you, you can leave them in blank.

Im looking forwards for working on this, good luck guys and have a nice day.
I will post my info here, even though I know they already have a spreadsheet in existence. It seems no one updates that one. My guess is that the Mexico VO takes so long to process applications that people just don't go on anymore because nothing ever happens and when it does (coPR is issued, people disappear and live their lives, as they should). For those of us who are still stuck here, it's nice to have another outlet to compare data. I should have more info next week hopefully as I am supposed to receive my GCMS notes.

Reactions: localola

jmsd2017

Star Member
Jul 4, 2017
I will post my info here, even though I know they already have a spreadsheet in existence. It seems no one updates that one. My guess is that the Mexico VO takes so long to process applications that people just don't go on anymore because nothing ever happens and when it does (coPR is issued, people disappear and live their lives, as they should). For those of us who are still stuck here, it's nice to have another outlet to compare data. I should have more info next week hopefully as I am supposed to receive my GCMS notes.
Hi, do you have a link to that old sheet or thread? id like to look into that info

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
Visa Office (VO) / Processing Centre: Mississauga CPC
Application sent (DD/MM/YYYY): 24/01/2017
Application received (dd/mm/yyyy) : 25/01/2017
AOR1 (dd/mm/yyyy): 23/02/2017
Application linked to online account successfully OR Application Returned: Feb 22, 2017
Sponsorship Approval (SA) (dd/mm/yyyy) : 06/03/2017
Application Transferred to PA Visa Office?: sent to mexico city visa office
ECAS Permanent Residence Application Status 'In Process' (dd/mm/yyyy): 04/05/2017
AOR2 or 3rd line (dd/mm/yyyy) : 23/02/2017 (it is actually our second line and the last line that was added ... we have 5 lines in eCAS now)
Medical Status: passed (GCKey account)
Medical Exam Done (dd/mm/yyyy): 30/07/2016 (no request for new medicals yet)
Medical Exam Passed (dd/mm/yyyy) : around 22/02/2017
Background Check In Progress (dd/mm/yyyy) : around 22/02/2017
Decision Made (DM) (dd/mm/yyyy) : ?
Passport Request (PPR) (dd/mm/yyyy) : ?
PPR Passport received with stamped Visa/COPR [Confirmation of Permanent Residence](dd/mm/yyyy): ?
LANDED (dd/mm/yyyy) : ?
Additional documents requested: Schedule A and supplement sent on 15/03/2017
Interview : ?
NOTES: Canadian citizen sponsoring common-law spouse from Chile; GCMS notes ordered and should be arriving next week

Last edited:

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
March 27, 2017, July 10, 2017
AOR Received.
AOR 1:March 17 2017 AOR 2: May 10, 2017
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
You should use the mexico thread and the spreadsheet that they have going there.

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
March 27, 2017, July 10, 2017
AOR Received.
AOR 1:March 17 2017 AOR 2: May 10, 2017
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
Im already maintaining two spreadsheets with my info. A third is too much. Sorry

tango47

Star Member
Feb 2, 2018
I'm on IMMTracker but most people on there don't regularly update. Not much there for Mexico City. We've just received our PPR from Mexico City. There is a huge disconnect between the updates that appear on the GCKey and what is actually happening . We had the key change to BGC in Progress this last Monday , received the Pré-Arrival letter on Tuesday and the PPR on Thursday. The key still says that eligibility and DM are in Progress. Have'nt been updated. We were 16 days short of the 12 months. Is there any way they could have done the BGC in three days? Very unlikely.

AmandaSA

Jun 22, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
In whatsapp there is a group where have a file, which maintains information on applications of these last two years

SarahChateauneuf

Star Member
Nov 21, 2018
I'm on IMMTracker but most people on there don't regularly update. Not much there for Mexico City. We've just received our PPR from Mexico City. There is a huge disconnect between the updates that appear on the GCKey and what is actually happening . We had the key change to BGC in Progress this last Monday , received the Pré-Arrival letter on Tuesday and the PPR on Thursday. The key still says that eligibility and DM are in Progress. Have'nt been updated. We were 16 days short of the 12 months. Is there any way they could have done the BGC in three days? Very unlikely.
Hey! Are you brazilian? I'm brazilian and just received a letter of transfer Mexico VO too. After 8 months of process, i hope the in some days they sent the start BGC and PPR too!

SarahChateauneuf

Star Member
Nov 21, 2018
Congrats! I'm brazilian too. I'm November aplicant, my process went to Mexico today., No BGC, no PPR yet. Please, can you tell me how long your passport will be back to you?