+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medicines at canada airport

sridas

Jul 18, 2009
Hi, I am landing in april in Montreal with family. I am bringing some stocks of medicines for us like paracetamol , vitamins, some skin cream , bandage, etc. I wanted to know if i have a limited quantity to bring them . Are the custom officers or CBSA will react about the quantities i am bringing in. as we know we have to be self medicated until three months or till we get our health insurance or doctors etc.so plz any help will be highly appreciated.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Why do u want to bring-in general non-prescription meds? They aren't of much cost here anyway. If it were certain prescription drugs, that'd be another matter.

BTW, the meds u mentioned r of no consequence at bringing thru the border.

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sridas said:
Hi, I am landing in april in Montreal with family. I am bringing some stocks of medicines for us like paracetamol , vitamins, some skin cream , bandage, etc. I wanted to know if i have a limited quantity to bring them . Are the custom officers or CBSA will react about the quantities i am bringing in. as we know we have to be self medicated until three months or till we get our health insurance or doctors etc.so plz any help will be highly appreciated.
Doesn't make much sense. everything you describe is not that expensive in Canada. Why would you want to attract unnecessary attention?

FWIW
When flying with Prescription drugs I always keep them in the original boxes, and carry a copy of the original prescription.

RPN

Star Member
Feb 13, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
June 2010
Hi,

Is there any restriction of carrying some Homeopathy/Biochemic medicine for personal use.

RPN