February 26th, 2010
Interview........
WAIVED I THINK
Passport Req..
APRIL 28TH, ALONG WITH RPRF FEES
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/2010 issued date and received visa 05/15
LANDED..........
Planning to land on June 28th if God permits.
Dear members,

Here is one information I would like to share with everyone. I had my medical exam yesterday and I am having one again on Monday ( kind of like a repeat eye vision exam only ).

Yesterday, I did the vision exam and I failed the vision part of the medical exam. My vision without glasses is 20/200. I am legally considered blind at this stage ( weird though ).

i didn't know that Canada would be so strict about vision test and that you need at least 20/40 to pass the passmark of 20/40.

Basically, if you have a higher grade than 40, then that is considered inadmissible for permanent resident visa. Therefore, the doctor yesterday asked me to come back with a good pair of glasses to repeat the eye vision exam and I hope that with glasses on I can at least make the 20/40 vision passmark.

If not, then my Canada dream might indeed not come true. My eyes are really bad I guess. I bought new glasses yesterday after the exam and now I can see everything clearly though. So, hope this helps with my exam on Monday.

Seniors? What do you think? Do you know anything about the requirement?

Pk09

Jul 26, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
dont worry since i have never heard of a case where they rejected due to eye sight problem. i am sure it will be fine

velbypaul

Feb 5, 2010
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-07-2009
AOR Received.
17-08-2009
File Transfer...
09-09-2009
Med's Request
26-11-2009
Med's Done....
22-12-2009
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
March 30, 2010 but Decision Made on April 5, 2010
LANDED..........
May 2010
I dont think its much of a problem. But if you feel insecure, I would suggest u mug up the eye chart. Since you have a knowledge of how the chart is, I dont think they will change it daily. So, go through the net and try to find an eye chart exactly the same. Try to mug it up and just make a few errors so that he does not feel suspicious. Good luck. Waiting to hear after your eye exam.

barabashka_

Star Member
Aug 12, 2009
lol...okshan819...you are actually walking all the time without glasses with 20/200 vision?
I hope you dont drive like this :)
They check Best Corrected Vision, which means what is the maximal vision that you can get with glasses or contacts. They dont care about how you see without glasses.
Dont worry, just wear your glasses during the test and you will be fine.

Pk09

Jul 26, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
barabashka_ said:
lol...okshan819...you are actually walking all the time without glasses with 20/200 vision?
I hope you dont drive like this :)
They check Best Corrected Vision, which means what is the maximal vision that you can get with glasses or contacts. They dont care about how you see without glasses.
Dont worry, just wear your glasses during the test and you will be fine.
i agree with barabashka. their only concern is eye sight with glasses. cheer up buddy. May Allah be with you

okshan819

Star Member
Sep 7, 2009
Tokyo
Category........
Visa Office......
Tokyo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 7th, 2009
Doc's Request.
February 17th, 2009
AOR Received.
August 5th, 2009
Med's Request
February 18th, 2010
Med's Done....
February 26th, 2010
Interview........
WAIVED I THINK
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Thank you all so much for your replies. I feel so much better. Actually it was my fault. I should have brought my glasses in the first place. Anyways, can't wait for Monday:)

igbehinadara

Champion Member
Dec 6, 2009
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Avo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Dec 2015
Nomination.....
Nov 2016
IELTS Request
NA
VISA ISSUED...
July 2017
LANDED..........
October 2017
ok,Don't panic all will be well.You have an idea of the chart just like member has rightly advised.You will be in Canada and your dreams will not be cut short by any means.Relax and be comfortable with your glasses though-very important.Take kia

Ig

wpc71

Dec 17, 2008
Hi Okshan
Sorry to hear about that. I was curious about the vision test you talked about and called my friend about hers. She said she did it using a device NOT a conventional chart. Was it the same for you? She said it was really difficult even for her to do that as only the first few signs were readable and she was also shocked at first. She does not wear glasses at all! She said you might have used the "I'm not sure" button too often and recommended that you choose one direction or other next time if you are not sure about direction. This way you will have 25% chance to be correct. My friend said she told the doctor how difficult the test was!

okshan819

Star Member
Sep 7, 2009
Tokyo
Category........
Visa Office......
Tokyo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 7th, 2009
Doc's Request.
February 17th, 2009
AOR Received.
August 5th, 2009
Med's Request
February 18th, 2010
Med's Done....
February 26th, 2010
Interview........
WAIVED I THINK
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hi wpc71,

Thanks for letting me know about your friend's case. At least I am not alone on this one. You are correct my vision test was done with the device and not using any conventional chart. I think it is difficult one indeed. Although, wondering how much difference it would make with glasses on. I am just a bit tensed but let's see what happens on Monday.

Honestly, it would be so bad if I would fail the medical just and only because of eye vision. I think Canada is being strict about it and I don't blame Canada for that. Although, I wish they could use the conventional chart for people having difficulty with the device. Those things are so super tiny letters!

So, anyways please wish me luck and I shall update you again on Monday after my exam.

Btw: have you got any idea when the visa office does all the security clearance check? Does that process begin parallel with medicals or is it done before or after medicals? If you know anything can you let me know also please? Thanks a bunch!

uk2canada

Star Member
Jun 23, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2009
Doc's Request.
October 2009
AOR Received.
November 2009
File Transfer...
June 2009
Med's Request
June 2010
Med's Done....
June 2010.
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
December 2010.
VISA ISSUED...
January 2011
LANDED..........
May 2011
Hi All
i have the vision problem from one of my eyes,i had retnal operations and as such i cant see any thing from my left eye(apart from light).i have corrected vision with glasses from one eye.My next stage is medical request and after reading this thread im kind of curious about my eye test/result.will that be a problem/inadmisibility?plz share
bet wishes to all

Pk09

Jul 26, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
uk2canada said:
Hi All
i have the vision problem from one of my eyes,i had retnal operations and as such i cant see any thing from my left eye(apart from light).i have corrected vision with glasses from one eye.My next stage is medical request and after reading this thread im kind of curious about my eye test/result.will that be a problem/inadmisibility?plz share
bet wishes to all
dnt worry. If ur vision is ok wth glasses than no need to worry

Besides eyesight problem hv leastpossibility for medicals inadmissibility

narmeen

Nov 17, 2009
Hi everyone,

I think we will all past through the medical respecting eyesight by God grace.

Keep faith and all the best .

Donx

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-12-09
Doc's Request.
12-02-10/ SENT: 04-06-10
AOR Received.
16-07-10
File Transfer...
17-02-10
Med's Request
07-02-12
Med's Done....
27-02-12 (RECVD 08-03-12)
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
17-07-12
VISA ISSUED...
09-08-12
LANDED..........
FEB 2013
okshan819 said:
Dear members,

Here is one information I would like to share with everyone. I had my medical exam yesterday and I am having one again on Monday ( kind of like a repeat eye vision exam only ).

Yesterday, I did the vision exam and I failed the vision part of the medical exam. My vision without glasses is 20/200. I am legally considered blind at this stage ( weird though ).

i didn't know that Canada would be so strict about vision test and that you need at least 20/40 to pass the passmark of 20/40.

Basically, if you have a higher grade than 40, then that is considered inadmissible for permanent resident visa. Therefore, the doctor yesterday asked me to come back with a good pair of glasses to repeat the eye vision exam and I hope that with glasses on I can at least make the 20/40 vision passmark.

If not, then my Canada dream might indeed not come true. My eyes are really bad I guess. I bought new glasses yesterday after the exam and now I can see everything clearly though. So, hope this helps with my exam on Monday.

Seniors? What do you think? Do you know anything about the requirement?

All the best. May the Good Lord be with you

shakira2009

Star Member
Aug 29, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
first Manila, now Tokyo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-10-2005
AOR Received.
06-11-2005
File Transfer...
10-10-2009
Med's Request
25-01-2010
Med's Done....
10-02-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
25-01-2010
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2010
LANDED..........
10-09-2010
okshan819 said:
Thanks for letting me know about your friend's case. At least I am not alone on this one. You are correct my vision test was done with the device and not using any conventional chart. I think it is difficult one indeed. Although, wondering how much difference it would make with glasses on. I am just a bit tensed but let's see what happens on Monday.

Honestly, it would be so bad if I would fail the medical just and only because of eye vision. I think Canada is being strict about it and I don't blame Canada for that. Although, I wish they could use the conventional chart for people having difficulty with the device. Those things are so super tiny letters!
Hi Okshan,

Sorry to hear you have to go there again! But with your new glasses it should be okay.

I did my vision test with my glasses on, through the same device. There were a few times when I did not recognize the very tiny letters, then the doctor (a Japanese lady) made the same signs in that sequence appear again and I was able to recognize them.

Did they tell you anything about being pregnant?

Good luck for Monday!

okshan819

Star Member
Sep 7, 2009
Tokyo
Category........
Visa Office......
Tokyo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 7th, 2009
Doc's Request.
February 17th, 2009
AOR Received.
August 5th, 2009
Med's Request
February 18th, 2010
Med's Done....
February 26th, 2010
Interview........
WAIVED I THINK
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Shakria,

Hi! That's a relief:) Well, will go there tomorrow and do it again. About being pregnant, they didn't say anything and actually it does not affect the process of the visa application. They also said there is no problem doing the X ray as I am still in the very early stages of pregnancy. They used the special shield that they have at the clinic to cover the abdomen completely just in case.

I will do the vision test and then they said they will send the result to Manila. Hope it reaches Manila soon after and the n soon after the visa office will be able to get the results!

Any news from your side? Did you get back your passport with visa stamp? or when do you expect to get it back? Keep me updated. I will do the same.

Anyways, let's just pray and hope for the best! Thanks again Shakira for your comment.