+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

medical exma; before or after applying ?

M

med

am confused i have been reading in another forum that the medical exam has to be done after applying ; can any one help in that ; i thought i had to do it before ;

ddunbar

Sep 9, 2008
Medical exam should be done before you submit your application. You have to book an appointment at a Designated Medical Examiner for your country. Look under www.cic.gc.ca/dmp-md/medical.aspx for designated medical centre for your country. The form they fill out with the results will be sent to the Canadian immigration visa office that you are dealing with in your country. They will give you copy 2 of the form which is green. You send this in with your application along your region specific medical form.

M

med

thanks i alrready know that i was just confused by what others say anyway thats really nice of you

cfoisy

Nov 10, 2008
ddunbar said:
Medical exam should be done before you submit your application. You have to book an appointment at a Designated Medical Examiner for your country. Look under www.cic.gc.ca/dmp-md/medical.aspx for designated medical centre for your country. The form they fill out with the results will be sent to the Canadian immigration visa office that you are dealing with in your country. They will give you copy 2 of the form which is green. You send this in with your application along your region specific medical form.
I too am a little confused...if the medical exam needs to be submitted with the application, that means the DMP sends the results of the exam before the VAC is even aware of the applicant. Does the VAC just put these results on file until the CIC sends them the client identification number ?

Thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

cfoisy said:
ddunbar said:
I too am a little confused...if the medical exam needs to be submitted with the application, that means the DMP sends the results of the exam before the VAC is even aware of the applicant. Does the VAC just put these results on file until the CIC sends them the client identification number ?

Thanks
The medicals go to the Regional Medical Office, where they are reviewed. Then once the review is completed their are input into the system. Since a person can be identified by their name DOB and the receipt has the date of the exam it is very easy to marry up the medical to the file.

PMM

mitamata

Nov 21, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2009
AOR Received.
27-03-2009
Med's Done....
03-12-2008
Passport Req..
29-04-2009
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2009
LANDED..........
27-07-2009
Hello,

I'm hoping somebody can confirm this for me. I don't need any papers from the Visa office before going for the medical, correct?

I'm starting to lose my wits. I'm from Slovenia, my husband's in Canada. I'm trying to get my medical, but I can't convince the DMP's office that all I have is Appendix C. They insist that I need to contact the Canadian embassy in Vienna (who will be processing my application) and that they need to send me a form, "Section A". And that without that, I can't do the medical. Everything I've read elsewhere tells me otherwise. I've tried getting though to the Embassy, but of course, no luck. Emails and messages went unanswered.

I'm thinking of just saying to the DMP that I did reach the embassy and they told me the same thing: I give them Appendix C, DMP gives me copy 2 of IMM 1017 after the medical. Can anyone please confirm that that is the correct procedure? Preferably someone with experience with applying through Vienna? That'd be great, thanks.

ddunbar

Sep 9, 2008
Sorry about that "med" the information I gave you was from my husband's regional specific forms for his country. Your forms for your country Vienna states that you wait until requested from your visa office to do the medicals. Check this link www.scribd.com/doc/2384649/Canada-Immigration-Forms-E33042 this should make it clearer for you. Look at Appendix D.

ddunbar

Sep 9, 2008
Actually the last post from me should be for "mitamata" not "med". I am not sure what country you are applying to med.

mitamata

Nov 21, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2009
AOR Received.
27-03-2009
Med's Done....
03-12-2008
Passport Req..
29-04-2009
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2009
LANDED..........
27-07-2009
Actually, I've done further research... and it seems it depends on who is immigrating.

Check this out: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3901e.pdf

Also region specific, it applies to the area that Vienna covers. If a spouse is being sponsored, then the medical is taken before submitting the application as seen in the link I posted. If it's another member of the family class (parent, grandparent, children...), then it is aftersubmitting, as seen in the link posted by ddunbar.

At least that's the way I understand it. I'm still trying to find out from Vienna which is valid in this case, but I believe the instructions in the link I posted override the ones in the link posted by ddunbar. I'm basing this partially on the fact that ddunbar's link says to mail the application in straight to Vienna, while all other instructions say that my application should be mailed to CIC in Canada, along with my husband's application to sponsor me.

Gah, this is all very confusing >_< Thank you for trying to help.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

mitamata said:
Actually, I've done further research... and it seems it depends on who is immigrating.

Check this out: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3901e.pdf

Also region specific, it applies to the area that Vienna covers. If a spouse is being sponsored, then the medical is taken before submitting the application as seen in the link I posted. If it's another member of the family class (parent, grandparent, children...), then it is aftersubmitting, as seen in the link posted by ddunbar.

At least that's the way I understand it. I'm still trying to find out from Vienna which is valid in this case, but I believe the instructions in the link I posted override the ones in the link posted by ddunbar. I'm basing this partially on the fact that ddunbar's link says to mail the application in straight to Vienna, while all other instructions say that my application should be mailed to CIC in Canada, along with my husband's application to sponsor me.

Gah, this is all very confusing >_< Thank you for trying to help.
1. If it is a spousal application, I will repeat myself, you take the medical before submitting the application.
2. The sponsorship and the application with all the support documents and proof of medical are sent to Mississauga.

PMM

mitamata

Nov 21, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2009
AOR Received.
27-03-2009
Med's Done....
03-12-2008
Passport Req..
29-04-2009
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2009
LANDED..........
27-07-2009
Thank you, that's all I wanted to hear. A clear answer either way :)

M

med

hi ddunbar ; am from morocco and it says the same i need apply before i send applications ; and PMM confirmd it .