+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

medical examination

pea

Apr 23, 2008
Hi All,

We are going to get our medical examination done for my partner today. But just wondering, we are not going to send off our application until we receive my partner's police certificates, so my question is:

the medical exam results will be forwarded to the London Office probably by next week but we will not have a file/file number there yet as we still have not sent off our application, so what would they do with my partners medical? will they just store it until our application has been received, approved (sponsor), and sent to London from Canada, before they add his medical exam results to our application??

I hope my question is clear enough, I'm not sure how it works because of course, you can only send your application after you have done your medical but the medical results would no doubt arrive at the visa office before our application!!!

Thanks in advance for whoever that might be able to help with this.

pea

locolynn

May 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-07
AOR Received.
08-06-07
Interview........
06-12-07/09-24-08/09-27-11
If I'm not mistaken - they will give you a reciept that you attach with your application.

Lynn

pea

Apr 23, 2008
hi lynn,

thanks for the reply. we already have the receipt. and we will send it along with our application. But I meant the actual medical report (e.g. blood tests, x-ray etc). the clinic is keeping it for us until we know what's up with it.... do they send it to visa office in london, u.k. or do they send it to canada (but the application will be forwarded to london eventually anyway!). did you have your clinic send it to the visa office before you sent off your application?

thanks!!

p

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

pea said:
hi lynn,

thanks for the reply. we already have the receipt. and we will send it along with our application. But I meant the actual medical report (e.g. blood tests, x-ray etc). the clinic is keeping it for us until we know what's up with it.... do they send it to visa office in london, u.k. or do they send it to canada (but the application will be forwarded to london eventually anyway!). did you have your clinic send it to the visa office before you sent off your application?

thanks!!

p
I am assuming that you went to a Designated Medical Practitioner, s/he shouldn't be holding on to the test, they should be sent to London if that is where the application is going to be processed.

PMM

pea

Apr 23, 2008
thanks PMM for your expert knowledge.

what I don't understand though is if the DMP sent the results to London visa office, the visa office would obviously have no idea who my partner is and do they just hold on to the results until we send off our application (which means to go to canada first then forwarded onto London, which might be a little while) and then match the medical results to all the incoming applications so the medical results will "reunite" with our application?

I'm little confused! appreciate your help!!

pea

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

pea said:
thanks PMM for your expert knowledge.

what I don't understand though is if the DMP sent the results to London visa office, the visa office would obviously have no idea who my partner is and do they just hold on to the results until we send off our application (which means to go to canada first then forwarded onto London, which might be a little while) and then match the medical results to all the incoming applications so the medical results will "reunite" with our application?

I'm little confused! appreciate your help!!

pea
They input the results into CAIPS, once London receives the application from Mississauga (where you send a copy of the receipt) they marry it up with the medical results with your name and DOB.

PMM

pea

Apr 23, 2008
wow, I am so impressed! you actually do know everything! that's great, thanks very much! so it's safe even if the clinic sends the medical results before we send off the application!

thanks PMM!

pea