+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical cost in usa

Anpman

Apr 15, 2018
Hello frenz,
I want to know the average cost of medical in USA which has to be done after receiving ITA.
Also,Is medical done in 1 day or it takes 2-3 days?As in our state there is no physician available,so we have to go to other state.
Does insurance cover its cost?
Thanx in advance

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
Insurance won't cover the cost, but you can use your HSA to pay it. It's around $400-$500 generally.

Sun2shine

Star Member
Apr 25, 2018
Thanks for information above. That answers some questions I had.
So looks like I will have to get done mine from Chicago as it is the closest option from where I live based on canadian website.
1) My question is what exactly involved in medical exam? (is there a blood work involved? or it is just regular physical check up)
2) I have 2 yr old child with me. what is the procedure for child? I really don't want any needle to be poked here. can I submit medical records from our pediatrician?
Thanks.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
So looks like I will have to get done mine from Chicago as it is the closest option from where I live based on canadian website.
1) My question is what exactly involved in medical exam? (is there a blood work involved? or it is just regular physical check up)
2) I have 2 yr old child with me. what is the procedure for child? I really don't want any needle to be poked here. can I submit medical records from our pediatrician?
Thanks.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/panel-members-handbook-2013.html

Reactions: Sun2shine

Anpman

Apr 15, 2018
Thanks.
1)blood work ,chest X-ray ,eye examination ,physical checkup ...I think all dese test for adults...
2)for ur child only physical test,no blood work.

Sun2shine

Star Member
Apr 25, 2018
Thanks for your reply. So I am planning to take ITA document print out with me during the appointment and I believe the doctor has eMedical system set up with them. Also will carry my recent eye exam document with me as well.
Anything else I need to carry while appointment?

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
Thanks for your reply. So I am planning to take ITA document print out with me during the appointment and I believe the doctor has eMedical system set up with them. Also will carry my recent eye exam document with me as well.
Anything else I need to carry while appointment?
Passport is mandatory. ITA letter is optional. You should call clinic and ask what they need. They might ask for photos too.

Reactions: Sun2shine

saumyapant

Jul 24, 2019
Thanks.
Hi, wanted to check how much did it cost you for the medical test? My spouse and I are planning to get it done in Chicago and we feel the fees we're being asked is a lot. Which doctor did you go to? Also, any particular things we must keep in mind while going for the test? How many photos do we have to take along and what should their dimensions be? Thanks a lot for your help in advance :)

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
If you think fees are a lot in the US, consider getting it done in Canada. You may need to get a visitor Visa to Canada, but that is pretty quick and not too expensive. There are many options in bigger cities in Canada ad the costs are also very less compared to US. I paid something like CAD 250.