+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Me Missus & me mom.

Jan 20, 2022
Hello all.
I was wondering if I could get some advise. I am currently married to a Filipino lady who is still in the Philippines. My sponsorship for bringing her here to Canada (BC) is on hold due to losing my job to our lovely friend Covid-19. Meanwhile my mom who is in her 80's, living on her own in the Okanagon region is starting to need help of a care giver. Would it be possible for mom to sponsor the missus to be her live in care giver under the family sponship scheme?

intuitive

Jun 11, 2020
Hello all.
I was wondering if I could get some advise. I am currently married to a Filipino lady who is still in the Philippines. My sponsorship for bringing her here to Canada (BC) is on hold due to losing my job to our lovely friend Covid-19. Meanwhile my mom who is in her 80's, living on her own in the Okanagon region is starting to need help of a care giver. Would it be possible for mom to sponsor the missus to be her live in care giver under the family sponship scheme?
Yes it’s very possible if you and applicant both meet requirements. As you said you loose job so it will be problematic on noa.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello all.
You can try but there will be lot of suspicion that your goal is to sponsor your spouse not get your mothers caregiver. If you have sufficient savings you can still sponsor your spouse and look for a job at the same time. Once you have a job you can update your file.